It started in 1992. It was the summer before my Sr. year in high school. A little film called NEWSIES hit the big screen and made me a life-long lover. Of the movie AND it's stars. I dragged anyone and everyone to that show. Christian Bale, anyone? Of course, in those days, he was Jack Kelly. The "newsie" with an attitude, a whip and some fancy footwork. Heaven knows I've always been a sucker for guy that could sing and dance. That may or may not have contributed to the disproportionately HIGH number of gay exes I can claim, but let's not go there. Later on, my college roommates (who obviously had tremendous taste too) and I memorized every dance step, every smirk, and every word. OBSESSED does not begin to cover it.
Christian as Jack Kelly


Happy Wednesday:)
Christian as Jack KellySo, the past week I've been indulging in a little reminiscence. THIS and THIS will introduce you to the NEWSIES awesomeness (just in case you've never become acquainted:). If you are hankering for a little grown-up man candy Christian, feast your eyes on THIS. Dark, brooding. And the ACCENT. Have mercy. Here is a little somethin' to tide you over...







17 comments:
My parents were trying to raise me communist and I never saw newsies. How could they?
My love for 'Jack' began with his role in Reign of Fire....all scruffy and manly.
sigh...
i love me some christian bale, too. can't wait til i can go home tonight & click on some linky links!!! thanks tara!
HE IS the reason (or a big part) why I LOVED "The Dark Knight". Thanks for sharing pictures.
Mmmmmmmmm...he is a beautiful man.
I am a Newsies lover too. I am trying to convince Jeff that he should watch newsies. So far, no luck!
Amen, sista. Holy moly. I DO remember Newsies and I adored him in that.
Oh man, I LOVE Newsies! I loved it so much I even delivered "papes" for a while.
uh. All that AND he beats his mom and sister on the side. Get in line ladies.
shayne....GET YOUR INFO STRAIGHT! he was DEFENDING his wife...read the whole story. the guy is a stud.
I am a Newsies/Jack lover, too. He is just beautiful. Thanks for the dessert this afternoon!
Have mercy! Love, love, love Newsies. Lust, lust, lust Christian.
Newsies is a fave here at our home too. After the movie, my boys will jam to the soundtrack over and over again. In fact when we drove crossed country a few years ago, we stopped in Santa Fe and the boys were beside themselves.
LOL! Jori..'wanna buy me last pape mista..cough cough'..Love it!
Ok, Hailey loves this show, but I must admit I've never seen it. How could I not, I don't know given my love for movies that involve any singing. I must get this and watch. CB is a looker!
my little sister megan was 12 when it came out--the perfect age to out-obsess even YOU!!! so yes, i am well acquainted with newsies and heart it as well. the bale has been working for me for many years. i just sent the ACCENT link to my sister. she just might die of heart failure.
the world thanks you.
The zuchinni is WAY yummy! The sauce is good too. Sorry I can't access my email addresses away from home.:)
Tara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with you on him, he makes my heart go pitta-patta! I loved newsies too--you & I would have been great friends had we gone to highschool together!! I am adding you to my stalking list, so you better watch out!!!
That last picture of him is delicious. And, I hate to say this to you, I haven't seen Newsies. But I am adding it to my list of things to watch this week while Kevin is gone.
ooh la la...I do remember that movie and Mr. Hottie.. I too had a tad bit of crush on him...memories..ahhh..
Oh.my.heart palpitations.
Post a Comment