
It has recently been brought to my attention that I am not very in touch with my emotions.
My feelings.
I don't put a lot of effort into thinking about lame things like "feelings" and "emotions", but if it will make others happy I am willing to give it a go. This is a little exercise I just made up called "ACTION and EMOTION". I need to prove that I have regular people FEELINGS.
Almost DAILY.
I chose RED for EMOTIONS because RED is an ANGRY color, and ANGER is an EMOTION people can FEEL.
ACTION:
Put on real people adult clothes and makeup last night and went to a baby shower.
EMOTION: It made me feel:
Happy I went to the effort. Elated to see old friends, blogging and actual. Immense RELIEF to not be knocked up.
ACTION:
Ate an ENTIRE Winger's sticky finger salad last night at 10 PM last night.
EMOTION: It made me feel:
Satisfied. Happy. Bloated. Mad...I didn't think to have Jeff grab me some asphalt pie.
ACTION:
I SAVED my garden...all FOUR plants... from eminent destruction. (I sprayed weed killer too close on a windy day...live and learn).
EMOTION: It made me feel:
Joyful AND triumphant.
The happiness that only fiber can provide.
ACTION:
We went camping MULTIPLE TIMES this summer.
EMOTION: It made me feel:
Like an early pioneer...
...With a flushing loo, shower, king size bed, and air conditioning.
Mad that the pioneers saved all that cool bonnet action for themselves. Someone really needed to teach them a lesson on selflessness. Confused that they chose the share with the world Horehound candy. That stuff sucks.
ACTION:
I've gone to the gym 4 times this ENTIRE summer.
EMOTION: It makes me feel:
Squishy, puffy, like someone snuck into my closet and raised the CROTCH in EACH and EVERY pair of trousers I own by a full inch.
Well rested.
ACTION:
I've worn make-up and put on real clothes THREE times in the last 7 days.
EMOTION: It makes me feel:
Liberated. Sloppy. Lazy. Like I need more sweat pants.
ACTION:
I SAVED our Puerto Vallarta photos from being lost in the great murky inter web forever.
EMOTION: It made me feel:
Great joy, pleasure, and satisfaction.
Like a champion. Like I am the king of the world.........wide web, and that I can continue blogging with wild abandonment.
That is MORE than enough emoting for one day.





8 comments:
Laughing out loud. You made my day. Missed you, Tara! xoxo
Action: Reading Tara's blog.
Emotion: Joy. Like Tara is hilarious. Like I can relate to your various "feelings," if you will. Like I missed you and your hilarious blog...
both sisters blogging in the same week? Miracle, I say.
Keep it up, sis!
why oh why do i have to be the one knocked up? oh wait, i remember why/how. lets not talk about it. can't wait to be done.
it was sure good to see you!
You make me smile - I think I was with you for 2 of those workouts! I can't wait to start again in September!
It was so fun to see you! And I FEEL like this is entirely too much FEELING for one blog post.
I need to go cry a little.
'Cause crying gets the sad out of you...
Oh, Tara. I have missed you. I love your emotions AND your actions. I can relate to these in so many ways.
I think you are the bomb.com.
Is it that time of the month for you?? You are definitely feeling a whole hell of a lot these days! Ha-Ha!! Loved this post.
Post a Comment