Life is flying by on warp speed these days. What oh what does one cover when it's been a week and a half? I'll start with Father's Day (and probably end there too...I like to have little or no expectation for personal accomplishment. It leaves little room for disappointment and self loathing that way...).
ANYHOO...
Father's Day came and went. Jeff is constantly complaining about my lack of organizing and printing pictures. We do not have a family picture to speak of since BEFORE grace was born. She's 7 1/2. oops. Miss did take some pictures last summer of all of us but I was ridiculously hideous in them (think Sharon Osborn meets bells palsy hangover lady) so none of the group shots ever made it to print, needless to say.
I tried to remedy my errant ways and scheduled a session with this fabulous little photographer that I know. These are just sampling of what I gave Jeff. Framed and all:)

The right corner bottom picture is really the crown jewel of the bunch. I think it really captures me. You are a magician miss:) Some of these hadn't been edited yet and I can't get the BEAUTIFUL libby pictures from my email to my pictures?!?, but you get the idea. I did give Jeff a decent picture of me, but ONLY because if I have to look at my bridal on his bedside table for one more day I'll gouge out my own eyeballs. It will not be shown here:) (Neither the picture NOR the gouging...)
THANK YOU MISS!!!! YOU ARE THE BESTEST:) Here is a link to her photo blog, for those of you need need, and believe you me, you NEED her:)
(the disturbing 12 chin picture of me was actually a self-portrait taken months ago to win an ugly face contest with Miss (my sister the photog), she had no hand in that nastiness).
Okay, on to a BOOK REVIEWS!!!
Small Change by J. Belinda YandellGet it. Read it. You WILL like. Unless you are cold and dead inside.
I read it in just over 1 HOUR this afternoon for a new little book club that I think will be AWESOME:)
Wonderful QUICK read for EVERYONE out there. I REEEAAALLLY enjoyed it. I'm not telling you anything else about it other than to GO GET IT here.
My next review is The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Love you ALL and miss seeing some of your bright smiley faces everyday:)
Thanks for the warm welcome, all you nice new people out there:)





24 comments:
Thanks for a new book read. I am currently reading The Host. I definitely agree with it taking a little time to get in, but I am now having a hard time stopping to go and make dinner.
Very cute pictures. And a nice idea for Father's Day.
I miss you when you're not around -- loved the pics of your cute family. So glad to find you here today!
falling into "he nice new people" category I hope, I can safely say you have successfully crossed over into the inner circle with out a hitch!!!
When I say inner circle I mean anyone willing to come to a book club full of church ladies and still want to come back!!!
What a great night! I picked up and read Goose Girl per your recommendation and finished it two sitting!!! Good read!!! Just got Small change and off to read it tonight!
I still owe you and the kiddos Sonic!!!
Great pictures! I love the bottom corner pick, haven't seen it in a while. It may become my new screensaver. Thanks for the book picks. I will put them on my library list.
It was Father's Day??? When was that? We haven't had a family picture done in forever either. Now if I can just get one of my BIL's to marry a photographer, or a dentist. ;)
Cute pictures! Great minds must think alike eh- that is exactly what I gave Nate for Fathers Day! Holly took the pics for me and I must say did a FABULOUS job! Fun to see all the pictures!
you have a new sonic buddy?
bite me.
(CUTE pics by the way. I can't wait to come see you.)
i am just about 15 pages into the host and i feel like i have been drinking robitussin. the dm kind.
glad to know i'll keep forging on.
you are smokin' hot even with the chin and a half. plus i hate you for the fact that you have to put some serious EFFORT into getting one. i have one just typing you this love note.
Cute pictues Tara! The bottom one of you is a real beauty. Seriously, those are cute! He will love them. Yeah, for no more bridal shot, right?
Ok Tara, I'm seriously crying over the bells palsy lady with the hangover. Too funny. How's Salt Lake anyway? Where are the pics of the house?
Christin
It was fun to get to know you better the other night at Becca's and by checking out your blog. I kept cracking up as I was reading things and my husband kept saying, "What?!" And I'd repeatedly respond, "This new girl in the ward (otherwise known as Tara) is hillarious!" :) Your kids are adorable!
Okay. Okay. That bottom right picture doesn't even LOOK like you! AND you already have people from your new ward commenting on the blog? Very impressive, woman. Very impressive.
You already have ward members owing your kids Sonic?!?! Crap! I live in the wrong ward.
The pics look cute - I wish I could see them bigger!
tara, i loved seeing you this week... you crack me up. the pictures are great, but your kids are adorable, so it'd be hard to go wrong. i'll have to read the host. hojo is liking it (she read it at my house this weekend.)
Man, Tara - your family lucked out with the genes. :) How cute are all of you???
Thanks for the book reviews - I am in serious need of a page turner this summer...
Wow.. the bottom right photo is truly amazing, very flattering and photogenic:) I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that does not have a recent family photo..I must get on that! Love the photos, hard to chose
Hi my friend!! Great pics, can't wait to see them in real life. Your family is beautiful so I would expect nothing less. Bought The Host on my way to Chicago, taking me awhile like you said.
The fact that you really had to work on making that Jim Carey face at the bottom right makes me ill. I, on the other had have to blink, and voila, a distorted face. As always you and your tater tots are cute as scratch and sniff stickers.
did you hear that steph Meyers is redoing twilight from edwards perspective? Interesting. I gave the host 3 stars only because I am a closet science fiction fan.
Happy Birthday sweet thing!!!!
It was your Birthday?! Happy Birthday!! And also: what the freak?! You look gorgeous in your picture!! Holy Mackerel, you and your sister have skills and you are hotties! And that one of Grace is un-real beautiful..ok, I'm done gushing about it. :)
Ok, that was actually me--I guess I was signed in under my husband's name. I didn't want you to think some weirdo left that comment...or a different weirdo, I should say :)
you don't know me but i just have to tell you that i think you are freakin hilarious. i always enjoy reading your comments on my other blog friends sites(kristi, mindi, jan,tib & jori). you always make me laugh! you keep it real yo. now, what do i have to do to become your friend? :)
Dude... time for an update. Do you know you are 7 days from it being a whole month since "pics and books". Get on it missy.
Post a Comment