6.05.2008

Oh to be ten again


Saturday we hauled ourselves down to the Gateway with Jeff's family. Have I mentioned how much I love that place? Well, I do. I love it. Love the location, the stores, the theaters, the restaurants, the festive atmosphere in general. Oh, and it was the birthplace for my dearest unending obsession. My kids, 0f course, love the fountains. I know splash pads are all the rage these days, but they never lose their appeal. We slathered up (just for you Jori:) and the kids went buck wild. Jackson (Jeff's sister's CUTE little boy) was less than thrilled. Libby was enthralled. She loves water. We jipt (how the H to do you spell that word? IS is even a real WORD? tis a puzzlement.) Libby by moving right when she would have LOVED having a pool. bummer. Anyhoo, great time. great company:)

One last thing I HAD to share with the peeps in SC. Some genius up here TOTALLY felt your pain whilst boring yourselves to death sitting in an empty movie theater 30 minutes early with your LAME friend who CAN NOT endure a movie/church/show in a poopy seat.
Good old Larry Miller took me to heaven and back last weekend because his new theaters have...dun dun dun ................................

ASSIGNED SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY! I adore you Mr. Miller. I'll never make fun of your protruding belly or courtside antics again. NEVER:) And if there is ever a favor you may stand in need of, let me know. Comb over, belly rub, you name it. I'm yours. You had me at "assigned seats".

Time to come "up north" for a visit ladies. We can catch dinner AND a movie now:)

22 comments:

Nate P said...

It seems easier to have one of you come back down here than 5 of us... Looks like you're having fun!

All8 said...

Chocolate covered fudge?!!!!!! Oh, baby. I, am, sooooooo there. Looks like ya' all had fun.

Melissa said...

Z Gallerie...yes, love that place! I am so glad you made a day of it at the Galleria. Your kids are so stinkin cute...and that little petite Libby...love her!

K, next you have to teach me to collage my pics like you!

Hannah said...

Hey...to answer you question about the mustard incident...

The zoo had these big mustard sqirter things and when i barely pushed it, the mustard didn't come down...it shot horizontally at my face/hair/shirt. They forgot to clean out the day old, dry mustard stuck in the spout. ;)

tiburon said...

I could blow my lifesavings in ZGallerie!

Love the fountain down there too and Megaplex knows what is up. That is why for the big movies - I go reserved at the District!

Jori said...

Thanks for slathering. Sun burns piss me off. LOVE The Gateway! I didn't know they had a RM Choc. I thought I had to haul my tushy to Park City for that. Good to know. You look super cute in that picture. I can't wait to come up. dinner and assigned seating sounds mighty fine.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i love it. assigned seats in the movies!!! that's perfect for utah. i've never been anywhere where they pack the theatres like utah. also, i need some chocoalte now. and i think it's gypped. like gypsy. because gypsies will rip you off. so it's not only a hard to spell, maybe not real word, it's also somewhat of a racial slur. if gypsies are a race. are they? is this my most un-pc comment of all times?

Emily said...

Soooo - I see you joined the white trash down there at the fountains. Kidding!! I love than place too. I'm impressed that your older girl got into them when they were on full blast - talk about cleaning out the system! :)

Glad you're finding things that are enjoyable up here in the SLC!

Holly O. said...

Well. I would love to say that looks like fun. I would love to say I am so happy they have apples up there. I would love to say I your kids look darn cute. I would love to say I was happy to see a picture of you.

But really, it made me miss you more.

Christina said...

So glad you're living it up in the SLC. The RMCF is a favorite destination of mine, and I too love the Gateway. I could spend at least an hour in Anthropologie every.single.time. I hope you're planning your Anyhoodle fan club party for your friends up north, now that you're here. ;)

daisy said...

Libby is a doll. And you aren't too bad yourself in that picture with her.

Kristin said...

Count me in... assigned seating is heaven sent when you go with Tara to the movies. I will be up... SOON if I can get the others to join me.

Melissa E Photography said...

Nice. Aaron might kiss you for telling me about the assigned seats. No more leaving the house an hour early to get to a movie "on time."

Sharla said...

Assigned seats? It really is Zion up there, isn't it? Your fam could not be any cuter.

Jan said...

assigned seats? Amazing. Love it. And your kiddoes are beautiful -- and that fountain place looks awesome. Time for a trip back to Utah, I can tell.

Mindi said...

still bitter about you kicking us to the curb for all your hi-falutin' friends up in the big slc.
but i still dig your action, and so will carry on in a battered-wife style and follow you wherever you go.......so sad.

Ences said...

How cute are those pictures!! I love the one of Will looking at Libby! Looks like fun! We sure miss you guys!

Rusti said...

I share your love for Larry's assigned seating... but I can't let go of the comb-over thing. It's just not going to happen. You're a bigger person than I.

Em said...

I've done the whole assigned seat thing...but there are still people who think the rules to apply to them and sit where ever they want. So frustrating!!
Love the Gateway too...endless shopping!! I'm always game for that. You can never have enough shopping!

Kristi said...

Dude, assigned seating? That is hilariously awesome. I love it. And your pictures and gorgeous and fabulous (like you)...awww, I missed you and your wit, my dear.

carey said...

I MISS the Gateway!!! Loved it there. As a fam, we'd always visit the fountains and then Barnes & Noble...good times! (I'd usually convince the hub to let me sneak over to Anthropologie too...).

Assigned seats? That would be RAD.

Hayley said...

i love the district movies (also closer to home) for that very same reason, assigned seats. those pictures are cute... glad you're having fun up here with your family!