7.14.2008

Don't Get Too Comfortable...

That's what our bishopric told us when we sat down for a little "get to know you" meeting just a few weeks after we moved in. And when I say bishopric, I mean the WHOLE bishopric. Clerks and the whole kitandkaboodle. It was almost an hour long and a very nice way to welcome a new move in. They ended the get together with these words of caution..."don't get too comfortable...ha ha ha" and just a few short days later Jeff and I BOTH had callings. Wow.
Jeff is teaching sunday school (12 and 13 yr olds). AGAIN. tuff class, but jeff is the man for the job.
I'm in YW...AGAIN. i just can't escape it. This president is the POLAR opposite of the last two I worked with. I'm sure it will be great.

Life is busy. Family reunion (the huge week long Hicken extravaganza), company (a few times, which I LOOOOVE), morning glory KICKING MY BUTT in the yard, 4th of July BBQ at our house, golf lessons, birthdays, concerts, and being SO SICK I WANTED TO DIE. I'm still not back to normal, actually. Some weird and totally NOT COMMON (unless you are ME, who can't take ANYTHING with out getting the most odd and freak-A side affects) reaction to medication. The bad news is that I still feel wiped out and the replacement meds gave me the barfs. Good news? The blasted rash on my chin that brought on all the medicinal trauma has magically disappeared. halle-freaking-lujah.

Reunion was FUN FUN and more FUN. I'll get pictures coming.

oh, and for any of you trying to call me, use my cell phone. My home phone is still JACKED-UP. Comcast is so on my list.

later:)

12 comments:

Mindi said...

i wondered where the H you've been----if you would have had your records removed before you got up there they never would have found you, silly.

Sherine said...

Freaky chin rashes? a room full of 12 and 13 year old kids? morning glory? What more could I ask for in a post! Sounds like a great summah.

Melissa said...

Such a busy girl with a busy summer!! My oh my...glad your rash has gone, even if it brought on mono or whatever else you had!

Hannah said...

I would love a calling in YW. I have never been in there. I'd trade you for my nursery calling.

daisy said...

I ditto EXACTLY what hannah said. Of course the grass is always greener I guess. And about the question about our new neighbors, I'm not sure we have any. Maybe they only come out at night. Haven't really seen them yet. I guess I could be a better neighbor and go and meet them, nah.

Jan said...

So glad that you're doing better. Hang in there -- I missed you!

Melissa E Photography said...

Man, I would hate to be the comcast dude who has to listen to your next call. They deserve it though. Punks!

Christina said...

Ongoing phone problems are not fun at all. Neither is morning glory. Or a funky chin rash. But I'm glad to hear an update! And I think your family reunion sounds like a total blast. :)

Jori said...

I'm in YW too. Yowzy yowsers. The girls are more mature than the leaders.

Lupe said...

Glad your chin rash cleared up, now your whiskers can sprout again without hinderance. Stay strong and be well.

Comcast is jacked up..period.

Holly O. said...

Chin rash?

Kristin said...

SHE LIVES!! Glad you are back, glad you survived the "reunion", glad you're feeling somewhat better. Love ya!
p.s. you will be AMAZING in YW. I would give anything to be back there again. So fun.