...in the life of clutzy-A gumby fingers:
Cook lean cuisine in microwave.
(eat 2 frozen snack size snickers and cheese nips in the interim)
Remove lean cuisine from microwave.
Take off steamy plastic cover.
Drop steamy squash ravioli and vegetable blend all down right pant leg, (well, SWEAT-leg if honesty matters), into blue nike flip flop (still on foot), down the side of the cabinet and onto floor.
Grab camera that is inches away from fingertips to capture for blog.
camera takes a terrifying 4 ft. free fall to the cold stone floor below.
Camera manages a strange and frightening squeeking/clicky sound and gives up the ghost.
Eat lean cuisine off the kitchen floor. (with a fork...I'm nothing if not civilized!)
and another snickers.
today is awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





31 comments:
tara - i'm so sorry that you're not having a hot day. that is when i would've screamed "suck ass!" and gone to the drive through of the closest fast food place & biggied it up. i might be a comfort eater.
Sounds like a rough day and I'm sorry about that -- but I'm smiling as I read.
I love reading about your life. Why? Because it's just like mine.
I am so sorry. I had no idea that grace was so freely abounding in our family.
Thanks for the vivid detail.
Sounds EXACTLY like my day.
Why are you watching me?
I think the same thing happened to me today except I didn't eat a lean cuisine. I ate apple crisp topping instead and lOTS of it.....and that's all!
I hope you have another pair of sweats to change into.
Sounds yummy! I think I would have skipped the L.C. and gone straight for the bag of snickers.
Hope your day improves.
awww, SUCKS! so sorry.
Having a normal life is so overrated. Who wants to eat food off their plate?
And you ate it off the floor. LOVE IT!! Miss you girl. I longingly looked at your house today and felt very sad. Are you coming down??????????????
And I can totally imagine you doing just that...even know what flip flops you must've been wearing! Miss you my friend, I'm coming over to just SIT on your sofa and do nothing with ya!
Nobody says it like you!
You can always make me smile with your posts. They are too funny and so true. (I really needed it today since my infection is worse. Got to love nursing sometimes right?) We have ate our fair share off the floor :) Got to love that 10 second rule right? Do you mind if I link you? Yours and Lisa's blog sometimes gets me through the day :)
Hey the ten second rule totally applies to adults too.
Christin
What is it with you and breaking things anyway?
You look perfect, so glad to hear you're normal (well, by my standards).
Get a dog. The hungry ones usually eat more messes than they make and you could name him Rudy.
Lisa
Oh Tara, you must post more often!! :)
I don't get it with this Lean Cuisine shat. Stick to the cookie dough, snickers, and doughnut diet. Much more fun to eat, even when it comes off the floor.
You really need to post more. No one gives me the giggles like you do.
I would totally do that too. A little scout salt never hurt anyone. (Bah, ha ,haa) Hope that your day gets better!
I swear you took me right there! So was it good. That "flavor" entree sounds delish minus the sweat fuzz and flip flops!
You are hilarious, Tara. I hope the Snickers made up for the lunch off the floor. I think I would've eaten a whole bag of snickers after that.
awwwwhhhh, man. did you say any choice four letter words? and if so, why not blog them??
btw: i don't think i left a comment on your mish-mash post, but i meant to. and what i meant to say was that if you roll your own, are you gonna pass it around?
Man..I sure have missed your posts!!! Why have I not stopped by sooner???
Sorry about your day. Don't you love that even when the worst things happen we think....Hmmm...I guess I could blog about this. Where's the camera?
Sorry about your camera too!
Hee! I love LOVE this story! I never tire of your stories, though, that's fo sho...and I would eat those suckers off the floor, too. :)
Tara, you are too funny. You kill me. :)
Sorry, but I did in fact laugh at your misfortune. I feel a bit guilty. But for heaven sake, that is a superbly awful moment. If it were be I'd probably cry (cause that's what I do) but then hopefully I'd laugh and add it to the blog.
Nicely done. At least you get a new camera out of the deal,and you get to entertain the masses.
At least it was a good flavored entree. I like that one. For what it's worth and all. :-)
Man, I needed this chuckle today, Tara. Thank you, my friend. :)
You do not need to be eating Lean Cuisine meals--you skinny minny! Give those to Jeff!!
-just kidding-
Don't forget to ring them cow bells! Always need more of them.
You didn't bump your head too? When I have lovely days like that, I have to either bump my head or hook my pinkie toe on the leg of a chair and try to rip said pinkie toe off. Hey, if your floors are clean enough to eat off of, I bow down to you. If they are not, I bow down to you anyway. You da woman.
Post a Comment