12.03.2008

wow. it's freaking DECEMBER!

Why hello there. Don't you look lovely?! I must do a recap, even if it benefits no one but me.

The short(ish) list:

Pleasure drive up the canyon to see the snow. Or dirt and mud, as it were.

Grace's turns the big 8! Celebrates with HSM3, McDonald's for breakfast, balloons, birthday dress and strep throat. yay.

Parent teacher conferences. No delinquents (yet). yay.

Jeff taking a week off. MIRACLE!

Twilight with Jeff. Two thumbs up. Edward poster will make an encore performance.

Put up Christmas decor a whole week early! Awesome. New house. Same stuff.

Furnace goes out. Repairman comes...CLIMBS OUT the basement window, finds the vent covered by JEFF'S bbq, moves said bbq one foot to the right, collects his just dues, and departs.

Brined a KICK-A turkey-(after making a strong friend rip the still frozen neck out. nasty business, turkey cleaning.)

Thanksgiving with the H fam. GOODNESS galore.

H family game night.

D family game night.

Rediscovered my love of hand and foot. (the card game, not the horse disease.) CAN'T GET ENOUGH.

Dermatologist appts. (Me and Libby).

Kid's wrestling. Will yelling out at libby who just sat on his stomach..."libby...you just broke my arthitis!" nice.

Good friend's bday dinner.

H sister's back on tour. (well, if one Sac. meeting makes a "tour" we're THERE:)

Turkey creation MASTERPIECE- grace and Jeff.

Can't find good book.

Secret life bees (the movie)- THOROUGHLY enjoyed. Not one tear shed. per usual.

Throw-in a few MIND BLOWINGLY ORNERY days and I think we've GOT A WRAP!!!




12 comments:

Kristin said...

Great list. Thanks for the update, although it pains me I can no longer find a place on said list. SOMEONE needs to make a trip.

Melissa E Photography said...

It's about time, woman. It seems like I write that every time you update.

Thanks for hosting the game bash and allowing us to spread our disease around. ((sorry))

Jan said...

I miss you when you're not around, which is way too often! Loved catching up - and smiling as always.

tiburon said...

So glad to see you again!!

So the big question is - will it be a JOYful holiday? Or just OYful?

Sherine said...

I bet if there was a repairman blog that story would be posted. Tara stop living la vida loca. You are missed.

Becca said...

nice update! I'll start the counter to see how long you can go this next time!!!! he he he!!!!

Tell little Grace we owe her our life! DVD player was a hit/a must/a slice of heaven!!! It's on it's way back even thought I'd love to keep it!But Then you'd think I was one of "Those" friends!!!! And we all have enough of "Those" friends!

Melissa said...

Glad to hear the turkey raping went well...I'm sure it was better than ours! Can't wait to see you tomorrow, missing you!

Shayne said...

I heard that Jeff had some complications from the vasectomy but I had no idea they completely removed the whole package which has to be the only logical explanation for him attending a screening of twilight.

Kristi said...

I love your updates, Tara. Holy Crikey, you have had your hands full...it is one busy month. I am glad to see the Edward poster will make an encore performance. :)

All8 said...

Holiday Hand and Footers here too. Love it. Do you guys have to buy all new decks every year too, because either 1-there are no complete deck, anywhere, or 2-the decks that you bought last year, just to play hand and foot with, have disappeared into the Twilight Zone.

Speaking of the Twilight Zone.....Do you think that Edward left lipstick on Bella's neck, because that might be kinda difficult to explain to her dad. Ya know what I mean???

Megan Andersen said...

Hi Tara! Hey, will you email me your address-megryan6901@hotmail.com
Christmas card time!!

Lesley said...

Sounds great! Tell Will kids are still talking about "Their friend Will who moved..." We miss him at Arrowhead.