...that the only people who bowl at noon on a Tuesday are the AARP crowd and those of us with off-track kids. I took a picture of all of the old beavers (it's league day, apparently) but it was blurry. Better luck next time!
...that I love days that I don't see anyone I know...because it allows me to re-wear outfits that work. Putting together outfits that work (ie...that I can move in/shop in/EAT IN/not show butt-crack and/or cleavage in) takes some effort. And we all know how I feel about things that take effort...and cleavage run-a-muck.
...that I love having friends that are nicer mom's than I am. It means that my kids get to do fun things whist off track. Things that I am way to lazy/mean to do without some outside pressure. Bowling, Classic skating, late-nights, whatever. I personally think that having the privilege of enjoying the gift that is their mother for EVERYDAY ALL DAY FOR THREE STRAIGHT WEEKS is gift enough, but whatevs.
...that falling down the stairs in 3 inch boots, and a skirt, and chanelling my inner wookie yell while doing so does NOT make you cool with your kid's friends. It makes them scared.
...that you should never, NEVER let your kids beat you on purpose. I don't care if it's mini-golf, hand and foot, bowling, burping, WHATEVER. I think beating them and beating them HARD teaches them valuable lessons early in life. Lessons like IT SUCKS TO LOSE, and MY MOM IS AWESOME.
...that if it's this cold, mother-freaking-nature should just do me a solid and LET IT SNOW.
...that we need to beef up the outside this year for Christmas. Half of our outside decor blew away last year and by the time we found it (in FEBRUARY...IN AN EMPTY LOT around the corner) we were way to embarrassed to reclaim all the shiz.
...that if anyone can give me ONE GOOD REASON to NOT get a Endometrial Ablation speak now or forever hold your peace. I'm SOOOOO over being in that delicate lady state every 26 days. I'm done. CAUTION: for you faint of heart readers (MEN), if you click on that link you'll see horrifying lady words like PERIOD, and HEAVY, and BLEEDING...in every sentence. Don't say I didn't warn you.
...that something is UP with my man Tiger. (Woods, obviously). Please let him not be part of the scum of the earth that are professional athletes. He's my guy. My DUDE. But only with his hat on. He just looks weird and bald without it.
Have a splendid Tuesday people. I'm off to trim the bangs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
Tara - So many comments.
I too enjoy the re-wearing of outfits although this is a fairly recent addition to my already awesome hygiene routine. I find myself asking every morning, Did anyone see me yesterday?
Who lets their kids win? Disgusting. Come on, people. Do you want your child to have a warped sense of self-esteem. I say, whip their sorry butts in anything you can as often as you can.
Endometrial ablation - I have felt a little obsesessed with this since I learned about it a few months ago. I want to know if you hear anything scary. Otherwise, maybe we could get a group together for a discount. :)
Me thinks...I love my cute friend Tara who gets me to drag my sorry butt to the gym 3-5 times a week (did I mention this is all before 6 am??)! Your blog makes me laugh every time I read it! Thanks for making my evening!
Thing long term Tar. In 10 years your kids will think that having a mom who repeatedly falls while making animal like noises is awesome. Actually.. make that 20 years.
What!? You're going to the gym 3-5 times a week? Way to go!
Once again your post didn't disappoint. Love it all!!! Especially the wearing of outfits that WORK! Can't tell you how many times I say to myself before I head to the store, "Oh, I hope I don't see anyone I know."
Oh. And I hope the bang trimming went well for ya.
You are so lucky to have Heidi as a gym partner! She's amazing, beautiful, and a wonderful mom (though, being her aunt makes me a little on the prejudiced side.) If I weren't one of the "old beavers" I'd be right there with both of you. Endometrial Ablation has been fabulous with no problems for 11 years. I love when you post on your blog (it keeps my blog-stalking skills current.)
Okay, I've stalked you for a while since discovering you on Kim and KG's blog. I've loved it but never commented cause...yeah..whatever. But when someone makes me laugh so loudly that my kids run over to the computer to see what was so funny, I have to let you know. So stinkin' funny.
Let me know if I can get in on that group deal with Kim. I've got 5 freaking kids, I'm done with that crap.
p.s. I'm fairly normal, don't be too frightened.
dude...my moms in a bowling league....it is true.....sports her own pink ball and shoes.....thank goodness she bowls on Thursdays so you didn't have to see such a sight!
Oooo, oh! So much...
1) About to get an EA myself. A little nervous, but mostly excited. Cannot deal with these montly visitors any longer. Will spare you details (nightmare).
2) Made your potato soup. Doulbed it. Shared it. Was the family rockstar that day. Awesome.
3) Made your pasta the next day (call me Martha). Seriously...I will keep that recipe for ever. And ever. DELISH (I am such a pasta/tomato/garlicky kind of girl...I reek but it's worth it.)
4) How did the bangs turn out?
Pulling out the best decoration of all time...the tampon tree!
P.S. I saw the Hill's at the Dickens Festival...Cameron looks an awfully alot like Jeff. Just a thought.
I agree with you about beating the kids at things, but at least you can. I'm pretty much always in last place and yes, it sucks. My friend had an ablation, and she loves it, but it hurt like H the first day, so stock up on the pain meds...ie don't leave the dr's office without knock out drugs and lots of ibuprofen, and you'll be fine (won't I be the best prescriber ever?) BTW, Jeremy saw your hubby's pic in the paper this last week and was like "Jeff's at Southtowne now..." I was like "DUDE....THAT is Tara's hubby, so apparently they do know each other. Why is this news to me? Duhspice.
You will have to let us know what you decide on the EA. I will need a full report. In case you are wondering, I can't remember the last time I had a monthly visitor, although I do have a load of extra hormones on board, which makes me cry during the on-star commericals on the radio (at least I hope that is why).
Hope to see you soon, like next week.
Tara, you are too awesome.
Add me to the group discount for the EA. I assume it would probably fix that darn iron problem I've developed.
I've discovered that I Can Not play Monopoly with the kiddos. They feel so bad when I wipe them off the face of the earth and then demand all of their funds too. It's so sad. I'm embarrassed.
Dear Tara. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Who knew endometrial ablation was so popular. Maybe I'll ask for one for christmas. Have a merry one:)
Post a Comment