5.30.2008

hello

HI!! hello friends:) How's life? What's shakin' bacon?

We are HERE. We are no longer living out of boxes. The movers tried to bail the morning they were supposed to unload. They didn't want to work in the rain. Delicate little chain-smoking flowers that they are. They tried to charge us DOUBLE. They dropped my piano. I had a hummingbird trapped inside my house. I hate birds. It would probably still be here if Sister C hadn't taken care of business. It was fabulous. I have a gay pride trampoline. I have the inter-web. I have a phone-line. I have my dish. Seriously, I just could NOT give it up. Here's a tip. If you've been with a provider for a long while (and haven't been a total whack-job-no-pay-pain-in-the-A) threaten to leave and they will bend over to keep your business. Dish totally hooked me up:) nice.

Now. Back to the boxes.
There were many. Boxes. Boxes everywhere. here and there. on the stair and over there. boxes boxes everywhere.
I'm making progress. I am. I love my house. I like my ward (at least what I could gather from the first week...I'm sure the whack jobs were out of town for the holiday). We've had three plates of cookies. Someone left a loaf of homemade wheat bread on my porch while I was at the library this morning. seriously. No name...just a loaf. Tell you what. If I had killed myself baking bread all morning there is no freaking way I'd drop and go. I'd TOTALLY make sure my name and picture was attached and take the credit. For reals.

I love having my old friends near again. So do my kids.
I love having both of our families RIGHT HERE. It's really awesome.
It's gorgeous here right now. The mountains COULD NOT be any more beautiful. Seriously. They take my breath away.

I miss my besties:)
My kids miss their buddies.

I'll be back on top of the blogging business now. I promise:)

edited to add:
here is my new email...
wlganyhoodle {at} comcast {dot} net
please drop me a line. I'm lazy and really don't want to have to re-enter every name again.
many thanks:)

17 comments:

Kristin said...

It's good to see you are still alive. I am glad to hear that you LOVE it up there. I miss you more than you can imagine. I hope your neighbor treats are good... but not quite as good as the ones I brought you. You need to miss me for SOMETHING. LOVE YOU!

ps. did Sis. C notice that you called her OLD? Are we going to earn that title now? sucks.

Holly O. said...

I'd like to see some links to clarify who the besties are...I'm just saying.

Lupe said...

Every gal needs a friend like Melissa to take care of business! I'm sure she handled those flowers as delicate as they seem :)

I totally cracked up with your bread scenerio! I totally agree, I would linger for the complitments fo sho!

Glad you and your dish are settled in nicely!

Mindi said...

WHATEVER. i wanna be "over" you seeing as how you kicked us to the curb (and perhaps because i've never met you in real life but i think we are bff's....creepy much?) but, alas, i can't.

still love to open google reader and see a (1) next to anyhoodle!

Jori said...

I can't believe they wanted to charge you double for a little rain. Don't movers have a creed like the post office??

Sharla said...

I'm just wondering what makes a gay pride trampoline. So glad that you're happily in your new nest! Or at least, in the nest you stole from that wee little bird.

P.S. I loves my anyhoodle!

Holly O. said...

I'm back. And I feel nicer, less sarcastic today. I'm so happy you are loving the mountains and being close to family. And I can't believe those movers tried to pull that shiz. That being said, I think today would have been a good day for me to run into you at church. I'm in the mood to see you. But alas, it will not happen.

carey said...

Tara! Glad you made it to the promised land!!! :-) I'm with Sharla - please tell us what a gay pride trampoline is. I think I might want one.

Becca said...

Ah yes our ward!!! it's full of bakers and do gooders!!! You'll get used to it and love it around Christmas time!!!Talk about an over load!! get ready!

And yes we have our share of "specials!!" That gal in RS ... I think you know who I'm talking about!!! She's always good for an awkward moment or two!!!

Melissa said...

So glad to have you back. And seriously can you make friends any faster...the gal that left the previous comment. I mean you're nice and all, but NOT that nice!!

JK...love having my friend back, gay pride trampoline and all!

Jan said...

So glad you are getting settled -- it's nice to feel 'home', isn't it?

Kristi said...

I don't care how much you love your dish and that stupid lady who was dumb enough to leave bread and be all "service is best when its secret" Crap. "Sniff" I miss you girl! And it's not the same...
(uncontrollable sobbing)

Anonymous said...

ooooo yes. Please tell me who the besties are, who are all your besties? Oh please oh please, leave a link to all your besties for us. Then tell us who your non-besties are.

100 Percent Cottam said...

so glad to get an update! i want to see pics of the house.

Hayley said...

speaking of bacon, i could eat a whole plate, piled high right now!

tiburon said...

So glad you made it. Where are you? When do we get to meet? I want to be a bestie!

the Mah said...

Dang, sorry my painters/crackheads migrated west and became your movers. Please don't send them back here.