It's Wednesday. It's 1:50 pm. I am in my sweats. I'm on day FIVE hair. Will is upstairs entertaining himself with light sabers and pokeman cards. Libby needs a nap but is watching "STREET" (as in SESAME street) so quietly (comatosely) right now that I dare not disturb a rare moment of PEACE such as this. And so I blog.
I've typed and retyped this post three times. Too serious. To random. Too lame. I'm in that sort of mood today. I'm all buffed and polished thanks to a late night pampering session (and by late night, I mean 10:30! call the cops!!) and I fear some of the fumes my have affected my logical thinking today. Whitening and waxing are not for the faint of heart. unless they are really hairy coffee drinkers.
D family happenings:
Libby discovered she has a love of all things syrup-y. Thus the puddles on my coffee table below. The peanut butter was not merely a prop. It had a minor yet substantial role.
Libby falls head over heals for toothpaste and floss. Displays her artwork on my bed. (luckily, the comforter was already at the dry cleaners due to an unfortunate sippy cup malfunction...leak proof MY ARSE!)

W scores big time at the history fair! Going to District Friday! Nicely done dude. He chose Elvis Presley for his "Important person in history" topic. nice. I campaigned HARD for Ronald Regan but ultimately had to let him select the King of Rock. He didn't understand my hard sell for the champion of the free market and capitalism. poo.
W's finished product. Here he is giving the other 5th graders the 411 on the KING.
G asked for "Benjamin waffles" the other day. ha. Benjamin/Belgium...same diff.
Re-did G's room. New bed and and all that shaz. No more guests having to slum it in a nasty dirty boy's bunk bed. Very cute indeed. Paint coming soon.
Prepping for L's room makeover. Rearranged and positioned yesterday. Big girl bed, paint, and bookcases coming soon. She's been in boxes since we moved here. darn near neglectful.
Quick trip to St. G over the weekend. Overly accommodating friends who really were beyond hospitable. Kids LIVED IT UP. Saw people I love and miss oh so very, very much.
FINALLY got "the wall" done. Pictures selected, framed and properly displayed. Good gravy. This little lady knows how to capture the fruit of my loins on camera. This collage does not even BEGIN to capture this space. I'm CLEARLY NOT the photog in the family.

( I have since fixed the spacing...rest assured)
Have the rest of a splendid week. I'm off to catch up on Dancing. GREAT season, no? impossible for me to pick a favorite as of yet.
Have the rest of a splendid week. I'm off to catch up on Dancing. GREAT season, no? impossible for me to pick a favorite as of yet.





15 comments:
The king of rock over the king of conservatism? Dude. Where are his priorities?
Sorry about syrup. I'm surprised I haven't had to deal with that yet!
Oh you have got to be loving the 2 yr old thing!! Loved Wills project...he definitely takes after his Rocker Dad! And finally...love the pics and the GREEN bench!
BTW...been meaning to tell you that I found some great chairs at Pier One and at Tomorrows Antiques at the Factory Stores in Draper...you really should go check them out!
green bench. I love it. The pictures look fabulous. I hope you were in a good mood when you found Libby's handiwork:)
i agree tara - hump it up. wink wink
Fun updates -- love hearing what's going on with you.
And I'm loving Dancing as well -- Shawn Johnson? The French guy whose name I can't remember? Maybe Melissa the Bachelor's reject? They're all fun to watch.
I love your green bench!! Where did you find it?
It was great to see you last weekend...not long enough, but I'll take what I can get! ;)
It was SO FUN to have you with us again! It was entirely too short of a weekend. Please find your way back soon.
I can't believe anything so cute could make such a lovely mess - sweet pibbs. Your pictures look great and the bench is FAB. I want to see updated pics of the girls rooms. Kinda cravin' some girly.
LOVE YOU!!
Remember how I asked you why all your friends' husbands are pervy toward you? I found my answer. Because you post HUMP IT UP. You deserve all the grief you get.
Oh that Libby! You have the patience of a saint! I have one of those! Lipstick, markers and food in general are in her arsenal!
I love Graces room! That furniture is so beautiful and I love the colors!Can't wait to see it all done!
Once again Will gives us all one more reason to love him!!! He's a hunk a hunk a burning History Buff if I ever saw one! Let him know my sister shares a birthday with the king!!! She always loved that!
And photo wall... I may just print copies of yours and hang them on my wall!We already know it looks A+ so why mess right!
Clearly you haven't made the life changing trip to Graceland such as I have. I'm so on Will's team. Love, your completely slacking on the Loosle Ladies cousin Amy :)
Love the photo wall! Love the green bench too! If only I could write as good as you! I love your posts!
There hasn't been a post of yours that I don't adore (quit worrying about being too serious, etc. - - bring it all on!). I hope I have the chance to have M photog my family...she does such an amazing job. Hope you are well (and that I get to meet you, too!).
W is the King for choosing the King! Way to go! House looks great with the photos, diaper baby, and syrupy tables :)
I am so jealous of the history fair! Nice job, W. Photo wall is gorgeous. Between your beautiful family and Melissa's talent, how could it not be?
We must NEVER get our 2 year olds together.
They could bring down the world.
Post a Comment