4.01.2009

Pushing Daisies


Jeff surprised me this morning with a BEAUTIFUL new coffee table delivered right to my front door.

Isn't she loverly?


Less than ONE HOUR later Libby went freaking PICASSO all over it.

with dark blue semi-permanent marker.

One magic eraser (thanks shelley!), a mind blowing amount of elbow-grease, and ONE HOUR later she is now back to her pre-libby state.

minus the finish that the magic eraser removed.

Libby best be thanking her lucky stars that Grace had a friend over...because if the heavens had not smiled down on her in that one special moment and placed a WITNESS at my kitchen bar, the nap she is currently enjoying would haven been of the dirt variety.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that that table..it is soo cute! Good luck with keeping the libster from it!

Sharla said...

That Jeff is a keeper! Ugh, I actually felt pain for you when I read this-- will the witness-friend be taking home some colorful new vocabulary? ;)

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh dude. way to not commit murder. i would not have had the self control. and WHERE is that gorgeous table from? i'm coveting.

Rusti said...

That is a gorgeous table! Love love love the green. Marker on my new furniture would probably have made me cry. Way to handle.

Jan said...

The table is beautiful. And I am in awe of your restraint -- honestly, there would have been murder at my house.

Melissa said...

I am sure Libby just thought it was lacking "Flare" or a bit of color...good thing I don't need to call Children Services on ya!

Stinker...(that'd be Libby, not you!)

LOVE IT by the way...(that'd be the table, not you...although I love you too)

Kim said...

Love the table. Seriously, what goes on in the little brains?

I keep repeating over and over..."It is not what is important right now. Someday I will have a clean home...."

Sherine said...

She's just got it backwards. I've taught my kids to draw on the really old furniture so I can get new.. not the new stuff. :)

Jen said...

I cannot believe she did that on day one. I am quite impressed with her level of destruction. Sounds like Max and Libby could be great friends. Maybe we should plan some strategic planning meetings to counteract their evil plots.

LOVE the table by the way.

Emily said...

What would we do without magic erasers?!! I have scrubbed sharpies off a number of things with those erasers! :)
Love the table!!

Becca said...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Witness protection is always a kids best friend.

and HELLO!!! how cool is jeff! I would love a surprise of any sort but furniture! HEAVEN!

Thanks for dinner last night!So fab! Best meal yet! And why does powdered sugar make everything taste sinful?

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Oh my!! With Libby's recent track record I would be banning any writing untensils from the home. Screw encouraging artistic development and fine motor skills!!

All8 said...

Very cute! What kind of finish did it remove? Maybe you could call the company to find out how to "renew" it.

I marvel at your constraint. Definitely would have "spanked them all soundly and sent them to bed". But not before a melt down of the Chernobyl magnitude.

Amber Baker said...

Yes, my children are always glad for witnesses when they are in serious do-do. Good parenting, pat yourself on the back and the table is beautiful!

Holly O. said...

That table is lovely. Is it from the PB? I love that item ON the table too.

tiburon said...

LOVE the table. And the marker thing would have totally happened to me too!