6.24.2009

3rd grade english lesson

Ladies and gents:

If I am to be expected to continue on FACEBOOK there must be a few changes.

Or an elementary English exam.


YOU ARE = YOU'RE not YOUR

There ( a place)

Their (possessive....it is THEIR house, THEIR car...)

They're (short for THEY ARE)

If i start to take one more quiz that has one of these errors in the FREAKING TITLE I might punch my computer screen.

Now, if you (and all FB users) will kindly ignore my egregious spelling and misuse of big smart sounding words we should be good.

thanks kindly.

23 comments:

Hayley said...

a-fricken-men!

Angie said...

Ha!! That totally drives me nuts too! Amen sista friend!!

Kim said...

Your so wright. I wish people could freaking figure out how to use there pronouns.

tiburon said...

Halle-FREAKING-lujah!!!!!!!!

Jan said...

My pet peeve too. Amen to all the above.

Christin said...

agregious is a big word.

Emily said...

I am so with you on this...can't.stand.it!!!

Holly O. said...

How about a lesson on effect/affect, its/it's, lay/lie.

Thank YOU kindly.

All8 said...

Amen to all of the above. Drives me insane!

carey said...

agreed! Who makes up those high quality quizzes anyway?

(I hope they get there act together so your still able to take them.) ...sorry, couldn't resist.

Jill said...

I have NO IDEA what quiz you are talking about!!!!!!!!!

Lupe said...

Working with the 8th graders in the general language arts class this past (or pass?) year, they had trouble with the 'their', 'there' and 'they're'. I mean they really had trouble with it.

Sharla said...

My sister and I have started purposely sending each other flair with those very errors. Extra points if the errors were committed while trash talking, i.e. "Your Stupid." Tee hee!

M+J=K3+E said...

Awesome, I LOVE it. That is too funny. I hear ya, it drives me nuts!!!

Englebright said...

Hey sis. I just posted a super glamorous picture of you on my blog. I plan on printing it off in my new house and pretending it's me. (did you catch the correct usage of it's?)

Rock on.

Melissa said...

Thanx fer de gramer leson:)

Anonymous said...

I agree. But what terrifies me more than the fact that most people seemed to skip 2-3rd grade english, is that new terminology is replacing perfectly good words. Tweeting, texted, Facebooking, LOL,LMAO, etc. are all acceptable words. The more new, inane words we have, the fewer we'll be saying wonderful words like egregious.

Megan Andersen said...

Thank you so much--that lesson was so very helpful! How come I was never taught that in school??

Sherine said...

I'm convinced texting and the internet have permanently ruined accurate spelling and grammar. That just aint right.

Emily said...

Update...pleeeeeazzzzz!

Kaesy said...

Tara (I say that like we're friends) I just invited you to my blog...turns out I've been stalking yours for years. Melissa never told me you've been stalking me back. I feel self-conscious - like I should go back and read my posts from your perspective - like I'd even know your perspective. Oh well, sign on sister.

carey said...

Taaaaraaaaa....come baaaaaaack! I miss you & your blog! Hope all is well, lady. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I LOVE it. That is too funny.... Thank you so much!!!!that lesson was so very helpful!!!!

--
Reenee
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems