Will's first cavity filled 7:00 am
*The hygienist thought he needed gas for his nerves. I acquiesced...after all, his father has been known to beg, cry, and curse in that torture chair...as an adult. Dental fear is inherited.
Flew home, fed kids and shewed them out the door to school.
Detailed the kitchen.
Wiped down cabinets, vacuumed drawers, vents, and base boards, de-germed sinks, counter-tops, and chairs, vacuumed floor and rugs, polished appliances, and mopped.
Currently on the 4th batch of laundry (washed, not folded...I'm only human).
Sorted Libby's new clothes/old clothes.
Gave potty training another valiant effort.
I figured that while I was toiling away in the kitchen, it would be a super time to throw some dora underwear on Libby and let her watch her shows in the family room with her books and her potty.

I had to take 4 shots before she'd quit flashing her little lady bits for the camera. That is not an inherited trait.
She DID keep her dora underwears dry for a few hours...but no amount of book reading, bribes of chocolate donuts and reeses, or trips to Target could elicit a single tinkle.
She begged and BEGGED to finally put her diaper back on, even though I warned her that diapers are only for babies, and certainly SHE is a big girl, and WON'T YOU BE SAD TO NOT GET THE DONUT OR THE CHOCOLATE OR THE TOYS?
I made her wait a few minutes longer and ran outside to pick some tomatoes.
When I came back in I found Libby waiting for me with a diaper in hand.
Since it was close to nap time I gave in and put back on the diaper.
Shortly thereafter I found this...

What is that? Well, THAT is her bribery treat bowl. It contained ONE chocolate donut and ONE wrapped reeses peanut butter cup BEFORE I went outside. It NOW contains ONE chocolate covered donut, and ONE reeses peanut butter cup WRAPPER, and ONE reeses stacked carefully on top of the donut.
Now THAT melts my heart. I'd like to think she chose to not eat the candy because she loves and wants to please her sweet, kind, patient mother, not because she's afraid her Nazi mother would EAT the donut AND the reeses while she looked on in horror JUST TO PROVE A POINT.
I'll take it, either way.
She's not ready. And you know what? It's okay. It's OKAY. We'll try again in a week or so. She's my baby. My baby. Who is finally entered a stage I don't want her to leave. I've probably NEVER said that before. About any child. I just could not manage to enjoy the moment enough. Always anxious and excited to see what came next. Wanted them to be more independent. But now I watch these big, busy, mess-making kids and wish they'd need me a little more.
(for something not related to housekeeping or taxi service)
So what if her poopy diapers are worse than that of a full grown nasty man, and that she waited all of 3 minutes after I put her diaper on to lay some cable. I am cherishing this time we have alone together during the day. She entertains me. She aggravates me at time, but I love her.





13 comments:
tara, i will totally be the kind of mom to eat the treats just to prove a point. i'm glad you covered her lady bits. you kill me.
Flashing the lady bits is TOTALLY inherited. Welcome back to the blogging mode, it is so much more fun with Tara around.
She has her whole life to pee in the pot. Sheesh.. sometimes I wish I didn't have to get up from a dead sleep and head to the john -- just to find myself sitting down on a wet toilet seat. Tagan.. who finally got the potty training down has yet to get the potty aiming down. Meet my new companion Mr. Clorox Wipes.
Oh, she is a cutie. Eat up those moments with her -- they will be over before you can believe it.
Enjoy the heck out of her - -yukky diapers and all.
Having all of your kids out of diapers seals the "my kids are growing up" deal. I think I would want to put if off too! And I can't BELIEVE she didn't eat the chocolate. Surely, that's not inherited. ugh... I am kind of aching to see you and your kids RIGHT NOW!
PS. This whole posting more than once a month thing is really working for me.
That chocolate donut is totally calling my name! I am so sick of this one cheerio a day diet!!
For reals, that girl is cuter than kittens.
Look at her rocking that toilet! Nice to see you back :)
So funny! We are in the midst of potty training, and I almost don't want to say out loud things are going well, because then they won't, and I may have a meltdown. BTW, Jeremy freaked b/c I told him I'd been throwing away poopy dora underwears. I am not, no way in H cleaning that literal crap out of it. I'll take the dollar loss, thankyouverymuch. Your last sentence describes PERFECTLY how I feel about my baby too. Something about that third kid....oh and Amelia wouldda had that junk food eaten in 2.5 seconds. Poop or no poop.
Also, BTW, your little one is freakin adorable and looks just like you!
lay some cable?
Laughing so hard I'm crying.
Post a Comment