3.06.2008

I've sat down to compose a new post probably 10 times in the past few days but NOTHIN' comes to me. NOTHING. It's a case of really having OODLES of things going on in my head but no desire to write it out. Anyone feel me?

People keep asking me if I am devastated/sad/excited/nervous to be making a big move (again) and really, I'm just the sort of person who just DOES what needs doing. I'll think about my *feelings* later. Too many other things to think about right now. Wow, do I sound like a stone cold ICE QUEEN or what?! I suppose it has been established previously that I am a machine, so no big shocker there.

Here are bunch of unanswerable questions/thoughts I'm volleying around in my head right now:

Am I the WORST mother EVER for taking my kids out of school/dance/piano the last 3 months? They seem to be fine about it, but STILL!

Will we be able to find a house in 3 days that I am in love with?

We've already found the two best neighborhoods in America. Could there possibly be a third? Are we crazy for pressing our luck?

How long before I am REPLACED? (don't answer that...I know it's inevitable, but STILL!)

Will I be able to get to Heather (my hair/lip/brow guru) before the big move? Best not be meeting the new neighbors with a stache and a bert brow.

Will I ever find new babysitters for my kids? This mama needs her breaks. Not excited about starting that process over.

I have 3 weeks to make this poor show pony over. Don't want the neighbors thinking a big hairy/zitty/albino troll moved in down the street.

I'd like to really start packing. I have ONE box. I should do something to remedy that situation. Maybe tomorrow.

I've eaten A LOT of Reeses mini eggs in the past few days. I'm starting to think that perhaps I may have a Reeses intolerance, but yet I forge on. I'm nothing if not persistent.

Have a good Thursday people:)

15 comments:

Jori said...

Your hair problems are solved. I still treck to Utah to get my hair done. J.R. at Nielsen Sio salon. He is the owner and does fabulous work. Love those Reeses eggs! Good choice. I hope your move goes smoothly. Good Luck!

All8 said...

I so completely understand about the just doing. Well, I gripe and moan about it all to my DH, but to the world.......I AM A MACHINE!!!! Maybe there's something wrong with me?!

Tara, dear, if you still want to ask me any questions, I am more than willing to dedicate a whole post, just to you. And even if you were (but you're not) a albino troll, I'd love to have you move into my neighborhood, any time.

Kristin said...

Okay... (fight the tears) Here is some advice: STAY. I am tired of pretending it is okay that you go. You will NEVER be replaced and that is the truth. There are not many ladies with a great rack and tiny waist to model my aprons. Plus, you are like my dang sister. I don't think Ms. Gomez and I will have that much in common. Oh, and thanks for keeping yourself a hairy/zitty/albino troll for us. NOW you do something about it? Geez.

Christina said...

As far as finding the perfect house in 3 days, let me know if you need help. Melissa said you may land in my neck of the woods- I'm happy to recommend houses in the 'hood. And if you are that close, then I'll watch your kids some too- babysitter problem solved too. You can survive the move!

Holly O. said...

Ditto what Kristin said. I swear, why are some people so happy about this move?

Melissa E Photography said...

HeLLO! You're moving up north and I haven't been able to have my Davis kids fix for years. Babysitter problem solved. And that goes for when you're house hunting too. Park has been asking for Baby Libby on a daily basis. Just move here already!

Ences said...

UNREPLACEABLE!! Cynthia Lane will never be the same!

Christin said...

Tara,
Too Funny! I am not happy you're leaving us. Hello? choir?!!!!! Where's my soprano section? Anyway, we will miss you TONS.

Christin

Jan said...

We have moved a LOT -- and I'm with you on your current attitude. You just do what you have to do and deal with it later. But you will be oh, so missed, I know. There will be no one to replace you! But on the up-side, (and reading all the above comments), the other things will all fall into place. They really will. Hang in there.

Mindi said...

just say no. santa jorge is the bomb--why would you want to leave 110 degrees in the summer?

100 Percent Cottam said...

aww, chickey. moving is so stressful! but everything will work out!!! it always seems to...

Anonymous said...

all of your dilemnas will work themselves out..Melissa will take care of 99% :) just take long deep breaths and chow down on a few more mini eggs and all will be well

Heather said...

I love those eggs. Moving sucks, I'm glad you are being so calm about it. 3 days...that's tons of time to find the perfect house.

Sherine said...

Oh I'm right there with ya chica. Even a good move is tough. Maybe you'll get rid of some junk though right? That's the only time i ever throw stuff away. Including that nightmare blue singers unlimited costume. It didn't make it to Maui. Don't ask why it took me so long.

Melissa said...

You know you'll never be replaced...it's impossible. When you left here I never forgot you and look....here you are, coming back!! And I couldn't be happier:)