Not much to report from the D house hold. Company came and went (so great to see you Sister C!:), had a few showings, and gave "the talk". It was fine. That's really all I can say. Fine. I'll not be garnering any public speaking awards anytime soon, but I figure I've paid the piper now for at least a few years. The weird thing? I really think 7-10 minutes is a little bit SHORT for a good talk. I could have really used 15-20 minutes. I tried to hurry through it. Oh well.
The most embarrassing part of the whole experience actually occurred as I was sitting on the stand waiting for the rest of the YW Presidency to join me. The Bish came up to take his seat and walked over to ask if he had ruined my weekend with his last minute call. I replied...
"No worries...I'm a machine".
whaaahhh? Did I REALLY just say "I'm a machine"? to the Bishop? That I hardly know? Sure did. As he walked away I gave MYSELF a giant eye-roll and shake of the head. I'm helpless. Honestly.
One quick book recommendation before I catch up on your going ons and such.

Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. I REALLY loved this book. I know Holly already suggested it, but mom, Steph, Em, Miss, all you other readers out there that don't read Holly's blog, go track down this book. Great, simple, sweet book. One of the most enjoyable books I've read in a long while, and I've read some GREAT books as of late. Here's the amazon link...(is anyone else having issues with inserting hyperlinks today? Sorry to use the word "insert"...ewwww.)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1582349908/interactiveda499-20
curses be. I can't use italics, bold, ANYTHING! I hate typing without expression.





18 comments:
So glad you loved that book. So so so glad. And you are a machine. It is better the Bish figures that out now.
HA! A Machine!? Why is it that our family has diarrhea of the mouth. Especially in front of important people!
I'm sure your talk was great!
Your talk WAS great! You did a bang up job my lady. I love that you gave yourself the eye roll... too funny. You are one of the cutest MACHINES around!
you've already finished that book? dang girl! you're a machine! :)
I love that you said you're a machine!! :) love it. And so glad the talk is over--hallelujah! I have got to read this booik--if you ladies liked it, then it must be a good one :)
I just reread this post (no, I have nothing better to do) and realize you make an entire list of people who don't read my blog. What the heck? My sisters all read your blog. Damn.
Oh my gosh that is hysterical - a MACHINE! Too funny. Now that he knows you are a machine he may ask you to speak more often :)
I might have to check that book out - i just prefer the moving talking picture form of entertainment :)
"She's a talk-machine!!" hehe Maybe since you said that, they're going to have to call on you more often!
Thanks for the book recommendation! I could always use another good read!
Hey tara.. loved that book. You should read 'a girl named zippy'. Dumb title.. really good book. Funny funny.
a talk machine?
a dance machine?
a sex machine?
A machine? Still snickering. No more comment than that other than to say yay for the talk being done. I'm sure it was great.
I don't know about a machine but I think we all knew from previous posts that you are mostly human and artificial in all the right places.
Goose Girl is a GREAT book. Have you read any other of Shannon Hale's books? Try, The Book of a Thousand Days.
Good job on the talk, and the comment to your bishop. Hee, hee, hee.
You crack me up. It reminds me of one of my roommates co-workers in her BYU janitor days- he was Hispanic and always told his boss when he felt too overworked "I am not a ma-cheen". But apparently, you are a ma-cheen. I think I may have read this book, but I need to check it out.
I need to add it to the list! I think Hayley talked about that book too. Blogger better get their act together...
I've heard good things about this book - will have to read soon, thanks!
BTW, that lady & her hair IS from your neck of the woods (I took the pic. at the P of Homes). If you go, make sure and see house #9. I fell head over heels, over heels...
LOL! You are a machine! No worries, our 1st Counselor with the District Presidency asked after Sacarament if he totally butchered my name as he was sustaining me. I replied, "President, you're an orthopedic surgeon. If you can say those crazy medical terminology, then you can pronounce my name". Ugh!.. Did I just say that?
I'm sure your talk was fantastic but what you REALLY should be doing is, you know what's coming, is SINGING. And singing every Sunday for that matter...seriously people, this girl can sing!!
Great to see you. thanks again!
Post a Comment