5.15.2008

poll

quick question people....

cable or dish?

I've had dish for 7 years. I love it. I love their menus, remotes, and DVR. I have nothing but love for my dish.

BUT...I'm considering switching to cable so I can "bundle" high speed Internet, phone, and TV all together. It doesn't save THAT much money, but I love the idea of having cable on every TV. No box needed.
Here is my hang-up. With a DISH DVR you can tape on one TV and watch it back on another. It's super convenient. and awesome. You CAN NOT do that with cable. Is this not a big deal?

I NEED OPINIONS. I have to make up my mind by tomorrow morning and I seriously keep going back and forth. Oh, if I could only exert this much brain energy on important things. Like who should win American Idol. Or clouds.

PLEASE LEAVE ME YOUR OPINION. even if I don't know you. This is too big a decision to be left to me and me alone.

19 comments:

Nate P said...

I believe that you are incorrect in your understanding of what your choices are. It is Direct TV not Dish that offers the bundeling program with Qwest. Get it right woman!

Hannah said...

hmmm....I hate the ugly dish things on houses, so I would vote cable.

Holly O. said...

We are having this same dilemma. Our dish boxes need to be replaced and will be a couple hundred buck. We are sick of the dish. Sick of having different boxes for every tv. I think we are leaning towards cable over here too.

Nanci said...

I've had it both ways and I just love the dish! You need to find out how your new house is wired, though. If they didn't run 2 wires you can't have a 2-tuner receiver . . . we found that out the hard way! Duh . . . what were the last homeowners thinking?

Christina said...

We live in the stone age and don't have cable. I'm surprisingly ok with it- we've never had it since we've been married and I don't have great desires to change that fact. Wish I could offer more assistance!

Kristin said...

Whatever comes with a DVR. We have cable only because we own 2 tivo boxes with lifetime activation. They don't cost us anything extra because we have already paid for it... if we switch to Dish we would have to pay extra and our tivo becomes a waste. I do like the convenience of being able to play your stuff on whatever tv you want, and your recorder holds a TON more stuff than mine does... i dunno, just quit watching tv all together. riight.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i love love love my dish. i don't think i could switch.

Mindi said...

we are in the dark ages with our cable box in our master bedroom. we wanted hbo so i could watch naughty shows, but not on all the tv's--my man wants dish, muy bad.

we also have tivo which is super user friendly, but doesn't have as many options as dvr.

and now i've been absolutely NO help to you. sorry lady

All8 said...

We do rabbit ears, cuz we're retro chic that way. And only getting 2, almost 4 channels is alright with me.

Rusti said...

What do I know?- I have basic cable. Feel free to educate me when you've made your decision.

Jan said...

So what are you going to do? We have cable but I think I lean towards Dish and the DVR. Fill me in on what your decision is.

Melissa said...

Go for the cable...then we can be twinners! Either way, just get your butt up here.

carey said...

Tara, I don't have a clue on such matters. All I know is that we have the lower grade of cable and a TIVO. I don't ever ever want to give my TIVO up (I think I'd rather swear off chocolate).

Hayley said...

i have cable & i've loved it. i get "free" cable, and upgrade with the dvr. i've never been anything but satisfied with comcast. i do think it would be nice to watch a recorded something on all channels. but really - do i need that? no.

Heather said...

DISH!!!!!! It's sooooo much better. The dish isn't pretty, but who the heck cares, theya re little. Dish has WAY better remotes and menues. Comcast's sucks!! We have always been dish people, but had to do cable here...they don't have high speed internet on my street (it's new) otherwise. Not only can you NOT watch what you DVR on other tv's having extra receivers is a lot more money. So, if you only have one tv you want to use a DVR on no biggie, but if you have more...dish dish dish. Can you tell I have an opinion? Did I say Comcast menus suck? Oh yeah I think I did, well I said it again. I have had both recently and Dish is WAY better. :)

the Mah said...

The deal breaker here is that the Dish is the only one that offers the NFL ticket. So since Big Guy pays for it, Dish it is...

Lupe said...

The bundle pack is fine. Yet if something goes wrong with the internet for example, then the phone and internet is kaput as well. It's a pain to get a sweaty, baggy pants crack peeking maintance guy over to look at it.

Kristin said...

I am missing you like CRAZY!! Update your dang blog... I need a little connection. If you do it, I will too. Dare ya.

Holly O. said...

I realize you have moved into a new house. I realize you are getting settled. But for hells sakes, don't leave us hanging for another day. Get with it. Pull it together.