12.11.2007

Winter Wonderland continuing coverage/righting a wrong

As previously mentioned, we spent last weekend holed up in a super HUGE cabin (seriously, this thing could sleep like 22 adults...) with Jeff's family. Is was a frigging riot. We were instructed to bring snow clothes. Hmmm. That DID pose a few problems.
#1. I live in the blasted desert
#2. Even I am too cheap to buy snow clothes for ONE weekend.

so...we improvised.

Exhibit A.
grace's snow "knickers" (as I fondly named them). These were left overs from our time before this desert existence. Grace was 3 1/2 when we left SLC and is now 7. Do the math. I've never seen snow pants inflict a wedgie before. She IS indeed also wearing her good black school boots. And no, she could not bend over.
Exhibit B.
Will wearing one of Jeff's old coats and sweatpants. He looked like a hobbit. or dwarf, or some other "smallish" being.
This picture cracked me up for some inexplicable reason. I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Our award winning snowman. 2nd place people. We weren't messing around. We were assigned the pirate theme.


The sleigh ride in the photo above elicited two very different responses from the spawn of my loins...
In Grace's defense, Will DID land on her face and her knickers were starting to chafe:) Will, on the other hand thought it was the best thing since ham.
On a side note, it has been brought to my attention that my spelling and word usage in a previous post was down right egregious. To those of you spelling aficionados out there (Steph and Sharla:), I make you only this promise:
I tara, do hereby solemnly swear to continue to misuse AND misspell big smart sounding words that I really have no business using, and slaughter the English language as we know it, from here until eternity.
That is a promise I intend to keep.
Oh, and bite me:)


17 comments:

Rusti said...

All of those pictures cracked me up! Their expressions are priceless. :) Will looks like he's dressed as a goalie. He even intimidates me, looking at him with his arms folded. He means business. lol And poor Grace with a nylon wedgie!

daisy said...

I proud of you Tara. Glad to know my cheapness posts are inspiring some out there.
Awesome pictures!

100 Percent Cottam said...

tara, you crack me UP!!! poor grace in her snow knickers. those photos are big time keepers. you rock my world, per usual.

All8 said...

Poor Grace. A nylon wedgie AND a snow face scrub. Give that girl some hot chocolate with a mint candy stick. Looks like you guys had a great time. ARGH, me matey's, let 'er snow.

Jan said...

Poor little Grace -- that face! I feel for her -- for me it would be all about hating the snow. (I live sort of in the blasted desert and am content!)

Heather said...

Oh you are making me laugh today. I'm loving the snow knickers, poor kid with the chafing and the wedgies. I hope her little cute face is okay :)

Melissa E Photography said...

Way to improvise Tara! Will looks like a midget and grace looks so big in those clothes. Parker is pretty upset because of grace's sad face. I hope her chaffing has gotten better!

Jori said...

Tara this post just brought tears to my eyes. LOVE the snow clothes. Thanks for continuing to crack us up.

Mary said...

Ha ha! Looks like a lot of fun!

carey said...

OK. This post goes down as one of your funniest. I giggled from top to bottom (especially at the description of Grace's snow suit).

I can't imagine the hideous grammer I must use in my blog. Sharla probably shudders each time she reads it.

Crazy question...did you study psych? The "elicits a response" is so psych-ish...brings me back to my days at USU. :) (Oh, btw way, I wish I would have run into you the other day, too. Next time I'm there, we may have to meet at Rio...???)

Hayley said...

ok. heather and i were laughing earlier about the knickers and chaffing and wedgie. oh my goodness. you're the best tara!!!

Melissa said...

This just gave me one good laugh...love the knickers and the look on Grace's face in the last pis!

And for the record, I love reading all your big mispelled words (in fact I think I just mispelled "mispelled) Too hell with it!

Lupe said...

Brace your frugality and re-label outsized outfits with 'kickers, capris, and DE-LUXE sizes'. Proud of ya! As for those sweet photos of your family....AWESOME!!

I like the fact you threw caution and spellcheck to the wind and went with phonetics spelling...OSSUM!

Sharla said...

Misspell away, sister-- we spelling nerds need something to cluck over while the rest of the girls are at the Prom.

Grace and her knickers and sad face are the darlingest things ever. Awwww!

Christina said...

This post did not disappoint with your humor. Oh man, poor Grace. I hope you gave her big treats for toughing it out in the knickers. I hurt just thinking about it! Glad you got some snow play time.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Love those pictures, poor Grace and her snow washed face. That picture is a classic!!

You crack me up!

Kristi said...

Oh my Tara!! This post is my favorite!!! I love the knickers and the coat and the whole freakin thing! I really wish we could have witnessed this--you guys know how to party in the snow--that's for sure.

Ps. don't ever change, woman :)