12.17.2007

Introducing...

...the newest member of our family...

Larry


Next time I try to convince myself that I should have been a hairstylist...someone please show me these pictures.
Libby WAS looking shabby. Jeff was complaining. I took matters into my own hands...and by matters, I mean scissors.
Apparently 15 months old babies don't enjoy getting trimmed up. She would NOT hold still and tried to grab the blasted scissors the whole time, so just get off my case, okay?
Hair cutting is clearly not a back-up job for me just in case Jeff ever ran off with Charlize Theron or something. Jeff is pissed...I mean ticked. (We don't say the "p" word at our house. )
I do realize I should be weeping for the lost femininity of my precious baby, but I can't stop cackling like a frigging hyena.
What a whack job. oops. Nothing a few weeks can't cure.

Here is what our sweet little LIBBY looked like just a few short weeks ago. Lovely tufts of wispy hair.
Jeff wouldn't allow Grace or Will to call her anything but Larry until she went to bed.
I'm still laughing, and Jeff is failing to see any humor in this. He's such a girl:)

He actually accused me of botching her noggin ON PURPOSE so I could put it on my blog.

As if :)

Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

whatever! larry is adorable! nice scissor wielding, woman! you're welcome to cut hair at my house anytime.

Kristi said...

Dude, I LOVE Larry's hair/tights/face :) And hey: don't sell yourself short on your hairstylist career. I think there is a future for you yet (by the way, Brinley needs a haircut...are you available? :)

You and your husband crack me up. :) thanks for the laugh...

Holly O. said...

Jeff is on to something. I especially love how annoyed he is with you. haha. He likes to protect his little Larry. I guess he was actually trying to protect Libby. Yo whatever.

the Mah said...

Hey, it's nothing a bow stuck on with some KY won't fix. Heck, Britney Spears cut off more than that! I see at the local Sally's beauty supply, you can buy a full fledged Hannah Montana wig. That'll keep Mr Jeff happy. If Libby er..Larry won't wear it, you could always distract him by putting it on yourself.
I think it looks chic, like Audrey Hepburn..

Brian said...

I actually can't even see a difference. Besides, isn't the bald look in for girls these days?

Hayley said...

larry should meet henry - hopey's alter ego. tell jeff its the cool thing these days. having baby girls mistaken for little boys. no biggie. tara - you kill me!

carey said...

I think Larry is just precious. Hey, you might start a new trend. Plus, I hear transgender is very "in" right now. Sorry. Libby is just as cute as always, Tara.;)

Jori said...

Laughing like a hyena,botching the hair to put on your blog. The Davis fam is on a roll tonight. You guys crack me up.

Jan said...

Larry is adorable. Still laughing out loud at this. I did this once to Natalie -- but my problem was that she was wearing her older brother's hand-me-downs and she still remembers a guy at church calling her 'son'. Hee hee!

Melissa E Photography said...

Oh, I am laughing so hard right now. I love that Jeff accused you of doing it on purpose. HAHA! Man, I needed that laugh today.

Rusti said...

Man, she's got some cute cheeks! She'd be cute even if you shaved her head. Not that I'm trying to give you any ideas. Put the scis... Tara... put them down! lol

Mary said...

You crack me up. Maybe I should do that to Hannah just to save me some time in the morning. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Tara! You are a real tool. Or so my mom likes to call me. I just adore you! You have such a way with words. You actually type exactly what is imprinted on your brain as it is making the connection with your mouth. LOVE IT!! So if you can rifle through the gazillion comments everyday to read this...
LOVE YA!

Em said...

Whatever...Larry! She still looks as cute as ever. :)

daisy said...

I don't know how you could look at those eyes and lips and not think...all girl. I love hearing about Jeff's reaction. Funny!

Heather said...

You have a Larry I have a Henry. It will grow in "thicker" at least that's what some people say. I love her (i mean his) tights!

Lupe said...

Your little muppet baby is too cute with her tufts and wisps! I still can't get over your strive to be a better LDS woman with do it yourself haircuts, recycle winter clothes, home baked bread..your are the true meaning of a Deseret Darling.

Melissa said...

Just when I think you can't get any funnier...you pull a blog out of your ass like this!!! You are a hoot and I couldn't love you anymore...love Larry too! She is still just as stinkin adorable as ever...tell my brother to chill!

Lupe said...

Good one Melissa (aka kindergarten spice) that was funny! Tara can sing and pull things from her toosh..go figure? Hee hee.

Hayley said...

oh you're funny - making fun of my ugly pictures, where i look stoned! thanks tara! at least i don't botch my baby's haircut! :)

Holly O. said...

Would you please get your arse back in the chair in front of the computer?

Christina said...

So, I love Larry's look, but it's getting old. I'm ready for some new Tara to love. Where are you, lady?

Kristi said...

Oh honey child, I hate to bug but I am missing me some Tara...
:)

Lupe said...

Tara, we have the same resolution..update our blog. ;o)

Melissa said...

GET YOUR BUTT BACK TO BLOGGIN WOULD YOU PLEASE...ENOUGH FAMILY, JUST KICK THEM OUT. PRIORITIES PLEASE!!!!!