It's true. I'm SOOOOO BOOOOOORRRREEED right now I can actually taste it. Wanna know what boredom tastes like? Styrofoam.
My kids are bored. My hair is bored. Not that there aren't things I should be doing, I'm just NOT FEELING IT TODAY. My computer is jacked up. The bloody thing won't let me download the new flashplayer so I can't watch anything, download anything, NOTHING. I'm ready to toss this hunk o junk and start from scratch in the computer department. I've wanted a laptop for eons now.
Jeff should be home anytime. He's taking Will golfing while Grace, Libby and I will sit here and be BOOOOOORRRRREEEEEED some more. I've got a pile of books on my nightstand but NOTHING is grabbing me. What is my deal? If that isn't the biggest wendy whiner introduction then slap me upside the head and call me Sally.
School starts Monday for Will and Grace, and believe you me, IT NEEDS TO. We've been out since the middle of May so we (and by "we", I mean "me" naturally) are more than READY to get this party started. They are on separate tracks. I was NOT HAPPY about that at first but now I am actually sort of excited about it. More one on one time, someone else here to entertain Libby, someone else here to entertain Libby, and someone else here to help entertain Libby. All fantastic reasons if you ask me.
People have complained to me that I don't really do enough "updating" here on anyhoodle (just meaningless fluff), so that if you aren't right up here in my face you really have no clue what's up with the D family. I suppose that's true. I'll try to remedy this problem starting NOW.
Libby is a terror child these days. I came out of my bedroom yesterday and found her standing on my desk with the upper cupboards open. She had a sharpie in one hand , a pair of scissors in the other, and a smile as big as Texas on her face. Nice.
I came out of my bathroom today and instead of finding her snuggled up with her blankie and binky watching blue's clues (as I had left her), she was sitting there on my bed naked as a jay bird and smiling sweetly. She was sitting on Jeff's side so I wasn't too concerned.
Grace has been playing playing playing. Store, mostly. She sold everything from earrings to rocks. It's true. She and her little friend hudsen now want to open up a rock store. Yep. Rocks. Out of the empty lots around my house. Treasures ripe for the picking. She's rocking out to her "music", playing guitar hero (the Aerosmith version, naturally-only the best for the D family:), practicing the piano, and giving us just enough sass to keep things interesting around here.
Will spent the last two days at scout camp. He had a BLAST. Archery, canoeing, swimming, hiking, and a snack bar. Will's idea of heaven. He's been teaching himself how to skateboard, practicing the piano, and is GOLFING up a storm. He really loves it, and is GOOD at it, according to Jeff.
Me? well, I'm currently watching my cute geriatric neighbor climb out of her above-ground pool. My day just got a whole lot more interesting :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





28 comments:
It's about freaking time you updated, lady!
And it's also about time Libby started breaking you in to normal toddler behavior. Yes, believe it or not, more children actually break things and climb. ;)
What's with those babies being naked?? If Hope doesn't have her pants on...her diaper is off. She screamed for about an hour before she finally fell asleep for her nap. I said OH NO sister, you are still napping!! She did.
Ditto to what Melissa said...it's about time!! Maybe my kids corrupted Libby during the reunion. hee! hee!
I can't get into a book right now either. Crazy. I'm sorry you are bored. Let me tell you a secret...when you are bored you are supposed to call me!
i'm kinda having a hard time getting into a book these days too. but i think that's cause i'm too busy with my new boy toy. wink wink.
i wish i had a minute to be bored.
o.k..let's do lunch!! you live close by now so lets get little Missy out and about and meet up. I love lunch and food and going out so lets do it!!
o.k...Bolingbrokes is me..Christine...Christine Bolingbroke..got it? :)
Then how come you didn't want to talk on the phone when I called today?
Thanks for the update on the kids.
Mom
Yikes.... you just got caught by your madre. Libby seems like my kind of gal. Short... likes to be naked....
if you would have got your bored butt over to cafe rio on monday night your life would be fufilled.
just saying.
or else ours would have been, more so.......
Loved your update! Maybe you should move to Austin and be in our play -- there's plenty to do there! We'd love that!
Awww, sister. I feel you. But you are so lucky your kids go back to school so soon...am I evil for saying that? :) Your kids are adorable, by the way. And I guarantee I would come hang and watch geriatric swimming if I could!!!
Ditto to the boredom issue. I think it may have something to do with the heat. We could meet half way and have lunch in Cedar (but that would be too wild and crazy).
meaningless fluff makes up most of my day .... I write the same way!!!
All Love me some Rudy and above ground pool action!!!!!
So, I'm just catching up on you, but your post about sex ed is hilarious. Your poor kids. ;)
I hear you- some days summer just drags, and I'm sure it will seem more that way when I have bored kids at home. Love hearing about how you're doing!
Libby could have learned a few tricks from Jackson. Whenever he goes to a friends house, said friend's mother reports something new that her son learned from him. He's a gifted teacher already.
If you want something to do, can you plan a fabulous wedding reception for my son? He isn't marrying the witch, so it's all good, as long as there is fuschia.I'm too busy. Ugh!
Thanks for the good laugh about your neighbor getting out of the pool.(I wonder who your talking about) I needed that laugh this morning really bad. I still owe you $5 for ice cream. I haven't forgotten.
Jeff D here maybe one of you fellow bloggers should advise Tara that she could make out with her husband more often!!!!
I thought she was "useless to you" Jeff. I guess there are always her fakies.
I'm seriously laughing so hard about your geriatric neighbor. Things aren't quite that interesting over in our neighborhood. Thanks for the laugh! :)
Ok Sally...I bet that flooded basement did wonders to cure your boredom! Big fat bummer on that one!
Shayne strikes again.
Your boredom is my entertainment. So funny! So sad your boredom has led you to watch Blue Hair TV out your window. ;)
You mean, there are toddlers out there that don't usually run around naked, with cowboy boots? Man, you have all the luck.
hee.hee.hee. Oh, Shayne. How obsessed he claims NOT to be with your boobies. Crazy.
Hey. How lucky are you that school starts TODAY!! I couldn't be more jealous. You could start reading Twilight 1,2 and 3 again. Book four comes out next week. I just read #1 yesterday. Yeah. It only took me about 12 hours. Why should I clean the house? My kids can fend for themselves for a few days. sigh. Better suggestion... come visit St. G. We need a lunch date.
Please get video footage of your neighbor. Just picturing that gave me a little giggle.
Those elderly ones can be pretty fasinating! lol
You know what you need when you're this bored? A get together. ;) I'm just sayin'...
Post a Comment