7.30.2008

My bad

don't ever throw an innocent seeming "I'm bored" out there into the universe. It'll come back to bite you. Within hours. Truly. Just a few short hours after I posted my (ridiculously whiny) "bored" post we had water POURING into our basement. super! Luckily we had some (nice!!!) friends here ready to abandon dinner for a shop vac, haul everything out of the storage room and surrounding areas, and suck the troublesome water out of our basement. Our awesome builder came and fixed us up and (hopefully) we should be good to go. It was some settling problem with the sprinkler pipe coming into the basement. whatever...just don't let it happen again, beavis!

Today is the 3rd day of school and I am feeling MUCH better about it than I was Monday at this time. I felt tremendously bad for my kids. This neighborhood is strange in that the kids go to a bunch different schools. It's odd. There are other kids going to our school but they don't start till August (different track) so my two little gippers were AAALLL ALLOOOOOONE for the big first day. Not one friendly face. They were incredibly nervous but they came out after school with smiles, balloons, friends, and a report that the school had WAY better pizza than our old school. yay:)

We are slowly getting back into the school time routine. Early to bed, early to rise...blah blah blah. Grace is probably feeling it the most. She's such a sleeper. She couldn't go to sleep the night before until MIDNIGHT. Needless to say, she's TIRED now. She committed several small infractions yesterday after school and a big one after dinner. She came back downstairs while she was supposed to be in timeout and told me she was packing her bags. I said "that's too bad, but make sure you clean up your room before you go". She came back down a few minutes later with her old backpack STUFFED and HEAVY and said she was ready. She then started to argue...AGAIN!!!!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GREEN APPLES!!!

My response was this...

"Are you REALLY arguing with me AGAIN, NOW? How can you run away if you're stuck in your room ?! Think these things through Grace!"


this girl. wow. She definitely keeps us humble as parents. We kissed and made up and she went RIGHT to bed. She can't handle not having enough sleep. wowzers.

Grace and Annie last weekend. My kids were STOKED to have their friends here:)Grace on the first day of school. Will was too nervous to stick around for pictures. He sat in the car, in the garage for TEN MINUTES before it was time to go, poor kid.

This what Libby and I have been doing:)

16 comments:

Emily said...

Wow...glad your leak is fixed.
I love Grace's attitude :) Her and Meagan both have a little Sass! Makes parenting so exciting, doesn't it?
Update on my blog is coming...patience!!!

Becca said...

First days of school at a new school is the worst! I was a holy terror! Let just say once on the school grounds I ran to the nearest tether ball poll and hung on for dear life! My poor mom had to use the jaws of life on me to pry me off it. I screamed cried and held my own for a good ten minutes, no joke, but she won that battle. She had to call my dad to come from work to help with her crazy daughter! There I was starting the second grade with both my mom and dad in the class room with me!

Can't even imagine how the universe will pay me back come next school year when Cricket starts school!

Mindi said...

LOVE her school pack--very fashionable.

i raen away once from home too, and made a big deal of packing my suitcase. my mom said "goodbye, i'll miss you, dear" and i got up to the top of the cul-de-sac and sat for 10 minutes then came back home. i sucked.

Christina said...

Water+basements=bad news always! So sorry about the leak, but I'm glad the builder has been cooperative to fix things.

And don't tell me more sass is coming down the road as Addie gets older!?! I was hoping it would get better, not worse!

Lesley said...

Oh my little Willum! It hurts me that was so nervous! He is such a little gem. I hope I get another kid with at least half his personality this year!

Unknown said...

So sorry about the leak, that really is what happens when you get bored isn't it? Just some advice Jennifer shared with me about run-aways: You strip them down to the birthday suit and say, "you came to me naked, and you leave me naked" and push them out the door. Then see how far they get! Sounds a bit harsh for sweet Grace, somehow it doesn't sound as bad for boys though.

Kristin said...

Oh I am giggling about that last comment. Love the naked idea. That will definitely be implemented one day at the Hill home. Tell Grace she can come and live with me anytime. All we do around here is eat junk food and watch tv. We are LOADS of fun. I miss that cutie. Oh, and those pics of Libb - TOO sweet.
Loves.

Holly O. said...

Libby looks so big! Oh my. I do hope the water problem is fixed. Be warned, it probably isn't. oops. Is that too negative???

All8 said...

So saying you're bored is akin to praying for patience. Good to know.

daisy said...

Libby looks like she is doing the exact same things as Maggie around here. She is looking much older.

And the episode with Grace. Nothing. Seriously. Double it X(times) 4.... And you have the Scott house.

carey said...

good gracious, you have cute kiddos. :)

I'm beyond excited about winning Melissa's giveaway. You MUST be the camera bag holder! (doesn't every good photographer need one?)

PS - I've been reading through your bookshelf & may have to steal some ideas. I'm in desperate need of a good read...

Sherine said...

I must say for the first time I'm glad that I'm not your neighbor. I hate emergency clean-up... and after that news about Cindy in the motab I feel like I owe you one.. and would've had to volunteer to help.

Melissa said...

Glad your recent crisis's (is that a word) are all diverted and taken care of...flooding basement, first day of school, runaway children, my oh my!! That could make one's head spin. Sounds like we need a girls night out!

Mia said...

Your kids are so cute! I am glad I still have another year til school. I get nervous about it off and on and I still have some time... I am so bummed about the flooding basement. Glad your builder is a good one and fixed it up.

Hayley said...

oh man - i didn't comment?! i thought i did. sorry.

your kids are so cute!

Lupe said...

Your kiddos are growing!! Yet still so cute!