1.05.2009

Happy New Year To Me

I am a cleaner. It's true. I loathe clutter and openly embrace organization. It's a well inherited trait from my mother and her mother before her. I have relaxed with time, for sure, and that's a good thing. I've gotten lazier. I no longer know exactly which barbie shoe belongs with which barbie. I don't go all OCD IN YOUR FACE like I used to. I can live with a dirty shower and laundry unfolded STILL SITTING IN THE BASKET !!!! gasp! (or basketS...which is usually the case).

One thing I DO hate is MOPPING. I do believe I've documented this before. Floors have been my bitter ugly enemy since the dawn of time, and this house has been no flipping exception. These porous travertine floors are just as annoying as every other flooring I have loathed in the past.

UNTIL NOW!!!!

I was glued to an infomercial for THIS wonder product for a solid HOUR late Saturday night. I even got OUT OF BED to find a pen. I was nearly giddy with the possibilities, and have been on a MISSION to obtain this product since.


Target better deliver this gorgeous piece of genius to my front door in 3 DAYS or I'll leave the UPS man his own little treasure on the front stoop.

(don't waste your time driving two TWO different Targets AND BedBath&Beyond. They are only carried on the website, as it is clearly noted....not that I would ever be that stupid....I'm just saying...)

11 comments:

Emily said...

I also LOATHE mopping the floor. I can't telll by the picture, what is the name of the product. Do share...I must get one!

Angie said...

I share your OCD tedencies towards organization. It is actually more of a curse than a blessing, as I'm sure you've found too. And I also HATE mopping, but can't handle dirty floors. Let me know how you like it. I'm about ready to rip up my floors over here.
Maybe we should start a support group.

Christin said...

I use a floormate and LOVE IT. About the OCD thing. I think I am opposite of that. No organization whatsoever and my house is ALWAYS a wreck. I'm waiting for CPS to come and take the kids away and condemn the house.

Christin

K and/or K said...

My husband bought a HAAN after being mesmorized by the TV commercial. I was skeptical...but now my floors are always clean! Love it!

Becca said...

we are suckers for infomercials over here!mikes favorite is the Magic Bullet! I can fall in love with anything for $19.99...Oh wait! if I act now I get it half off plus two LED book lights!!! What's that number again!!!

Kristi said...

Tara, I wish I could have some of your organization tendencies. Feel free to pass some of those along to me :) Mopping and sweeping are about as low on my list of things I enjoy as possible. I hope you enjoy your new treasure...

Allison said...

I have an awesome solution to your floor troubles...her name is Mayira, her number is....she is heaven sent!!!

Sharla said...

I adore new cleaning products-- but I wish I had a bit of your love of actual cleaning. But I don't wish it as much as my husband does. :)

Jeff, Di and Ty said...

So... may I request a review once you have had a chance to use your steam-cleaner-thinger? I am planning to tile a huge amount of space in my new home. I think I could use one of those.

Emily said...

Ooooooo! Let me know if that bad boy pans out!

tiburon said...

Do you have a review for us yet?