1.28.2009

Merry Merry Ho Ho.

Well well well!!! What better way to wipe away the bitter January doldrums than an unexpected Christmas recap? Well, as always, I am here to serve YOU.

Christmas was WONDERFUL. You can see all the highlights below in the super duper hand crafted collages:) Libby hated Santa BOTH times their paths had the unfortunate opportunity of crossing. We LOVED being with our families. We played hand and foot till our eyes popped out. We reenacted the nativity (but of course!), we all enjoyed Steph's incredible "Watch the Lamb" guitar/vocal masterpiece (nary a dry eye in the room...even the chitlins...if you haven't heard her do this song, you really really are missing out on a genuine pleasure), I escaped a small kitchen fire, obliterated 3 lbs of bacon (the SHAME!), and certain death while preparing my baked potato soup, laid out the treats and COKE for the FAT MAN (coke is his preference, so we've been told), and watched the happy wonder enfold on Christmas morning. The FAT MAN totally delivered. He's magic, don't you know!?!


Photobucket
Better late than never, I always say:)

The HFAV (H family adventures) clan also added a snow shoeing expedition to it's fine tradition of exercise fun. This was my first outing as an active participant, and actually, it was rather enjoyable. Beautiful too. But, due to an unfortunate career ending groin-pull, it may just be my last. I'm a girl who know her limits.


Thanks for keeping me company on the way back to the car Alisa.

oh, and the, uhh...."injury" is healing up nicley, thankyouverymuch.

15 comments:

Alli said...

I swear you have the cutest family! Did you remember that we are related? I think I am going to start calling you my cousin!

Holly O. said...

It is good to see photobucket let you back on. Christmas looks FAB! Look how happy the Libster is in that last picture, ahhhhhhh.

Allison said...

You deserve to be injured when you do something as silly as excersising in the snow...what were you thinking, nothing good comes from excerting yourself...you know better than that!!!!

The body does not take kindly to unexpected adventures!!!

Good for you for trying something new, hope you learned your lesson!!!

Melissa said...

Love the pics...but where is Jeff in those snowshoeing pictures?????

Sherine said...

Ahh.. I was just beginning to forget christmas (which I love) so thanks for the reminder. Does santa color coordinate wrapping paper? he really is magic.

And I don't know you allison but from your comment I can tell that you are very profound and I like you very much.

Sorry bout the groin tara.

Hifam said...

Love the pictures! They're great. I need to get a copy of the HFAV ones if you don't mind. I don't think Bret took our camera that day.

Thanks!
Jody

All8 said...

Ya know, with all of that ice and snow, there shouldn't have been much swelling. (bah ha hah ha) You're the only girl I know that could get away with blogging about a pulled groin muscle.

Looks like everybody was thrilled with all of the seasonal magic.

(Hope that you're feeling better.)

Lesley said...

Merry Christmas! Oh how I miss that little Willam!

Jan said...

Your family is adorable. They really are. And Christmas sounds wonderful.

Kim said...

Thanks for the pics. It kind of makes me feel like I was there:(

I still have not got around to the Christmas blog post...maybe someday.

I so want to hear Steph's vocal/guitar masterpiece because all I can hear right now is "It's Hard to say I'm Sorreeee and It's hard to let you go, as I looking out the window..memories feel my (mind??)"
Steph, if you read this next Loosle Ladies - you are on.

Kim said...

I have been typing way too much lately. Memories FILL my mind.

Mary said...

Fun pictures! I'm really bummed that we missed the snow shoeing trip. We own the gosh dang things but have yet to use them!

Christina said...

Cute Christmas pics. I love that you and Melissa posted about Christmas at the same time- it must be in your blood. ;) And Libby is getting so big and cute. Adorable children, I must say.

Jen said...

I'm thinking about whipping up a Halloween post pretty soon here, like maybe in three months, but I like to stay on top of things like that.

Someone make sure Steph brings her guitar to the next gathering. You can't pique our interests and leave us high and dry like that.

tiburon said...

Love it! Nothing like Christmas in January...

Thanks for sharing - you people do it up right!