10.11.2007

Dirty Little Confession



Here goes...


I used to have a house cleaner. Actually, I've had two (at different periods of time...I mean, I'm not technically ALLERGIC to cleaning...my face won't actually melt off if I pick up a toilet brush...). The first one didn't do THAT great a job, and I wasn't THAT sick and barfy (baby gestating) anymore, so I "let her go". The second one I had for quite a long time. Paula. I love her. I wanted to adopt her, except she is probably 32, has three kids, and didn't speak the greatest English. My humor went right over her hard-working head.

Here's the thing. My guilt starts to eat at me. My house is NOT very big. In fact, Jeff calls our little pad "the condo". Two of my three kids are in school ALL DAY....plus, my oldest two are big enough to clean up their own skids. The summer got crazy, we kept having to reschedule, so I told her I'd call her when things settled down a bit.


I haven't called her, and I'm not going to. (unless we move to a bigger house or I break my back on my pole dancing world tour).


Here's the "dirty" part of my confession...


I haven't mopped my floors since Paula and I parted company...


in July.


eww

13 comments:

Sharla said...

Tara, I did not think I could idolize you more-- but now I totally do. I only dare to dream about getting a housecleaner, but you are brave enough to live that dream. Do NOT feel guilty about calling her-- feel guilty about NOT calling. Because Paula wants the cash-- and your fans don't want the dream to die.

Jori said...

Pole dancing? Can we get a youtube of that please?

Hayley said...

pole dancing is a dangerous bit. you could also injure your pelvis. watch that. i am pretty sure that i haven't mopped my kitchen floor since heather came to see me at the beginning of july - so we're tied there :) call paula. you know you want to!!! and your house - it aint no condo honey! come visit me! :)

Kristi said...

You dirty, dirty girl!!! :) I KNEW you were on a Pole-dancing tour--I think you're fabulous :) Way to work it, girl.

But really, why take the chance of letting your face melt off? I mean it might NOT, but it really MIGHT. You just never know and personally I don't think it's worth the risk :) Right on, Sister...

Holly O. said...

I love it! Hayley's right, call Paula. You know you want to.

Jan said...

You know what? If the $$ are there, why not? My floors are awful -- every day I'm thankful for the fact that they are a tile that pretty much shows nothing. Because it it did show stuff - it would be a pigpen -- and NO KIDS live here. I'm just a big lazy bum.

Christina said...

You crack me up. Thanks for making me grin tonight. My floors are dirty, too. I have no excuses. And no Paula to call. But if I had a Paula to call, you'd better believe I'd be calling.
About this pole dancing, did you take a class, or are these your natural abilities that led you to world tour grandeur? :)

Lupe said...

I have no doubt that you can work the pole. That's what hotness does to a mother. I am a bit doubtful of your Mr. Belvedere duties. That's a youtube I would like to see. :)

Heather said...

Pole dancing WORLD tour, you are even more talented than I thought! Impressive. Call Paula, I want a Paula myself. I need to go deep clean my bedroom, that was a room that didn't get any cleaning last week and it needs it. But if I had a Paula...I'd have more time to do...other stuff.

100 Percent Cottam said...

you and i are 2 peas in a pod. i'm such a sloppy housekeeper. and i feel the same way - i can't hire a housekeeper - that's my job. but i've got to get my butt in gear. my house is a disgrace.

will your tour be making a stop in austin?

Melissa said...

YEA...I am at your house right now, with you sitting right next me...YES it's official...I am an official DORK!!

Love this pic though...didn't know my aunt was modeling these days!

Holly O. said...

Is your new profile picture the one I took of you? It totally captures you.

Melissa E Photography said...

I think you are a liar! I've seen that floor and it wasn't dirty. Actually, come to think of it, the last time I saw your floor it was... well... July. That IS nasty. HAHA!