1.03.2008

Wanna feel the love?

...send a big, long, sappy, tear-jerker of an email to your friends telling them you are moving 4 hours away. Wait for out-pouring of affectionate email and voice-mail responses.

Now tell them you are just kidding.

try it. It works.

I really DID do just that. About 1 1/2 weeks before Christmas we REALLY did decide to move back to SLC. It was definite. We looked at houses on the internet. The sign was mere hours away from appearing, so I sent my friends the afore mentioned email so as to give proper notification of our departure. I told my kids. There were many tears.

Then we changed our minds. Then we changed it again. and again. and again. again. We pretty much went back and forth every hour on the hour for the next week and a half.

Long story short(ish)...we are NOT going back to SLC, but there is a SALE sign in front of my house. If all goes according to plan, we will be buying my neighbor's house 3 houses down and across the street. It would be a great solution for us, but you know what they say about the best laid plans...actually, I don't, but were crossing our fingers and hoping that things work out.

Meanwhile, Christmas was sort of a blurr. I know I had my super family here. I know I had a ton of fun, my kids had the "best Christmas EVER", and we ate. alot. Thanks for coming fam. And thanks for helping me rip down my Christmas like a crazy lady the day after Christmas. I can't stand the clutter very long. Thanks mom and dad for helping me get it all outta here. Even the trees. The sign was going up that day so I was itchin to de-junk.

I'll get to Christmas posts soon or later (later...who am I kidding), but I'm itchin' to catch up with all of your going ons and such.
good day:)

19 comments:

Christina said...

Tara- Your move to SLC would not cause tears to some of your blog friends. Like me. Or Sister C, I'm sure. Maybe you should rethink. ;) Glad to see you're still alive in the bloggin' world. You've been gone way too long!

bolingbrokes said...

Gosh, glad to see you remembered your blog...I thought Larry was going to be all I would see for the next two months...Melissa was very sad when you notified her you were not moving back...too bad, it would have been fun!

Holly O. said...

Man you had me in a hissy rage when you told me you were moving. Phew.

100 Percent Cottam said...

wow, such excitement! i will have to try that one sometime. :)

Hayley said...

that would've gotten you some swear words from me. but i want you moving up here!!! darnit!

Jan said...

Wow -- excitement plus! I think there are days when we all need to feel the love that comes from an announcement like that.

Mary said...

Does this new place have a pool? We don't care where you live as long as we have a great place to come visit. Just kidding. :) We would have loved to have you in SLC, but I imagine Emily wants you there. Can you clone yourself to make everybody happy?

I thought about putting a picture of Jackson on my blog with a ponytail (yes, it could be done) and introducing Jackie in honor of your post, but Tyler got rid of the hair too fast.

Kristi said...

Man, you have all the good ideas! Well, I'm glad everything worked out for the best and hopefully everything goes according to plan wiht the sale o' your house. I'm jealous your Christmas is down--mine is still up...how wrong is that?

Anonymous said...

Sooooo glad you decided to stay here! I hope we stay here too... :)

I hope your sick kiddoes start feeling better.

Jori said...

Not north pumpkin, if there is any moving it needs to be further south.:) I am with you, the minute Christmas is over the stuff has to come down.

carey said...

OK, I want to know how to handcraft a tampon into a Christmas tree for our next white elephant shin-dig! Too cool!

Glad you aren't moving - I'm in your area quite often & it might be fun to do lunch sometime?? :-)

Melissa said...

I have nothing to say on this matter...I only need to behead my cute (traitor) of a brother!!!

Sharla said...

Tara, you should just stop all this silliness and move to CA, of course! Then we could properly run The Atticus Finch Fan Club.

And goodness gracious, I've missed you!

Melissa said...

My dear sweet Tara...send your hubby over to my blog, I have a message for him:)

Melissa E Photography said...

Tar, how is the house selling going? We need an update!

Kristi said...

Yea, that was hysterical! So funny!!! Nothing like ripping your friend's hearts out, stomping on them until we're in a fetal position and then say, "just kidding!" We will get you for this, mark my words! Ha ha ha ha!!!

Lupe said...

If you decide to move to SLC you tell them Mormons you're a Christian and you ain't interested in their evil ways! LOL!

You're a cruel and funny gal, your poor friends!

Disclaimer to your blog pals who don't know me..Hi, I'm Lupe and I'm LDS. ;)

Melissa said...

Hello...where are you, you know I get cranky when I haven't had a new Tara post in awhile...get busy my friend!

Holly O. said...

What the hell? Seriously. I'm sorry, but you have a BLOG to maintain. None of this once or twice a month posting. Geesh.