4.10.2008

Thankful Thursday


First off, thanks again Tib for making this little header public domain. You're a gem:)
In no particular order, here are the things I'm thankful for this bright beautifu spring lThursday.
1. Google and Youtube.
I use both of these probably EVERY day. Most recently? Google helped me save face with my 4th grader last night. I had to prove to Will that I DO indeed know MORE than he does about converting fractions and decimals. I do. But barely. Next year we will definitely be in tutor territory. It's inevitable, really. Me not so smart.
2. My new awesome flat iron. My old one was not getting as hot as any self respecting iron should so I gave her the old heave-ho. Good riddance, weak impostor.
3. The office, of course. Set your DVR's people. I'll be popping popcorn and watching. All by myself.
(see that? see how I made you feel sorry for my everlasting loneliness in a seemingly light hearted post about popcorn and flat irons? Man, I'm good:)
4. A husband that I ADORE, and who adores me back. He spoils me rotten. He makes me LAUGH. I love him. He's my best friend. I miss him.
5. Change
Funny thing to be thankful for? I say no. Without change we'd become stagnant and stale. Change provides opportunity for growth. It also makes you cling close to your loved ones. Your CORE. The ones who will always be there. It's not fun or easy, but necessary and potentially wonderful.
6. My delightful 19 month old.
She becomes more and more fun, full of personality, and interactive everyday. THIS age is why I have kids. The preceding year and half? No thanks:) kidding, sort of. She's a hoot and a half right now. Talking more and more, learning new things everyday, and cracking me up on a very regular basis. That is, when she's not teething, and then she's a monster and is up for grabs.
Good enough:)
good day people, good day.

17 comments:

Jan said...

I loved your list today. I love change too -- it is painful and hard sometimes but always worthwhile and generally fulfilling. Love it.

Mindi said...

hey-- i just got a new flat iron, too--it's a chi and it cost more than i paid to birth my first kid, but boy does it make a difference! what kind did you score?
btw, i love how you talk about your relationship with your man--it makes me smile

tiburon said...

La la la love your list. LOVE IT. Are we getting together this weekend? I will be there TOMORROW!

tiburon said...

La la la love your list. LOVE IT. Are we getting together this weekend? I will be there TOMORROW!

Nanci said...

Tara, I have been reading your blog for a while now and think it's hillair! I just never commented because, well, ya know. My very favorite post of yours was the Spanish lesson on "sheet". That had me ROLLING!

Anyway, I just had to comment on your obsession with Jason Castro. I enjoy him as well, but he has one drawback. What the crap does he do with his eyebrows when he's performing? Do you have a good explanation?

Jori said...

You are a complete robo-babe! I love when a women appreciate their husbands. It get's tiresome when people are always ragging on their spouse. Hooray for The Office!

Melissa E Photography said...

I totally and completely (please say that like Simon Cowell would..) agree with you on the 19 mo. old comment. That is when parenting gets fun!

I'm so glad you reminded me about the office. I'll have to set my DVR (aka.. Aaron) to record it.

Heather said...

Yeah I agree on the cuteness of the 18 month old, most of the time. Like when she doesn't get what she wants at Wal-mart and screams at the TOP OF HER VOICE! I'm not loving that so much ;) But yes, how cute are they with all their talking?? Cute cute. Every animal says MOOOO too.

100 Percent Cottam said...

haha, right on to #6. and change, too. great list!

Holly O. said...

You are SOOO obviously coming off a weekend retreat with your man. He's a keeper (yes, I realize I barely know him) but I have only heard GREAT things about him.

Melissa said...

Love your list and why am I not surprised that you are thankful for change...you are definitely a trooper in that arena:)

I miss you my friend and I am sure Jeff misses you and the kids so much. He needs his family and I need my friend to be here!

Kristin said...

Great list today! This is such a cute idea. Your hair was rather ravishing today. You did, however, leave your kick A friends off the list. We invite you to lunch and you don't even brag about us? How rude. (yes, I just watched Full House - so Stephanie Tanner.)

Sharla said...

I love change, too-- but quarters mostly, because the pennies are useless.

I apologize. That brand of humor is a genetic deficiency in my family.

Love your list-- good day, indeed!

Anonymous said...

The Office was too friggin funny. I watched on tivo twice already. I just rewind Jim's facial expressions over and over again, it cracks me up. Great list!

Rusti said...

Sharla's comment cracks me up! Why? Because I was about to write the exact same thing! lol I have a lame-buddy! :)

I do love your lists. I should start doing this myself. Well see...

carey said...

That cookie makes me giggle. :)

I agree - I'm feeling very grateful for change and The Office too. SO GLAD it's finally back. sigh.

Kristi said...

#3, We're coming over on Thur. so watch out!
#4, Awww. I hate that you miss. Him. I remember that feeling and it is NOT fun.
#5, yes, I know, we are your CORE. What are you going to do without us?? Screw change; stay with uuuuusssss!!!!