4.01.2008

hideeho:)

I have a new best friend and his name is Dave. He is super smart and had the worst case of gum cheese I've ever seen, but we'll just focus on the smart part. I'm such a positive person. He fixed my computer in about 3 seconds and then spruced up the place a bit. Fixed the spell check on my email and fixed the damage I did when I tried to install firefox MYSELF. Never a wise choice for me. I find it quite fitting that my new computer man's name is Dave, seeing as the one I broke-up with was a Paul Schafer look alike. Weird.

Anyhoodle, I'm back up and RUNNING baby. I realize my last post was a bit confusing to those of you not up on the 411 around here. Try to keep up people. Things change FAST in these parts. It's never boring, that's for sure. Our plan has not changed, really, just sort of been delayed. We had sold our house when we were frantically searching for houses last month. We had 30 days to be out and were hoping to magically find the perfect house in just a few days so that we could haul A up there and throw the kids right into the school they will be in next year. That little plan did not come to fruition. Turns out we may be a tinsy bit picky and then there is that pesky business of actually forking out the bucks for something you love. Oh, and did I mention the picky thing? That Jeff. Impossible to please:) Ha. I'm so annoying. Our poor realtor. Good thing he is our friend and has to put with our impossible-ness. He's a champ:)

We ended up renting a house right across the street from our old house just until school gets out and we find our permanent digs. It's convenient and fine. Actually, it's quite beautiful. If I could find something as pretty as this house is "up north" (as the locals would say) I'd be happy as a clam. Jeff is still heading up Monday so it'll just be me and the offspring for a few months. Joy.
I feel some maniacal blogging may be in my not so distant future:) In the mean time, Jeff and I are headed out for a little R and R before he goes to his new store on Monday. I'll catch up when we get back:)

12 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

thanks for the update! i was a lil' confused about your whereabouts these days. good for you for being picky. make your realtor earn his 3 percent!!! :)

carey said...

Wow, big changes, Tara. I've missed your blog!

Hey, this moving north thing sounds complicated. Why don't you just haul A the other direction and look at some homes in these here parts? Much much simpler. ;)

Jan said...

I was very confused too -- love the info. Sounds like your life has been very full lately -- missed you!

tiburon said...

I sounds like you have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. I hope things settle down soon. When do you think you will get up here? Where are you looking? (I get lots of listings before they actually hit the MLS - I can keep an eye out for you... ;)

Jori said...

Hooray glad you are back. Thanks for clearing up where you are. My mind has been blowing trying to figure it out. When you and Holly are bored head "down south" and we can go to lunch.

hee hee Tiburon;)

Heather said...

OHHHHH, now I get it. At least you found something, the kids can just stay in the old school for the time being. That's a relief, you don't want to jump into anything!

Kristi said...

Oh my Lanta, Tara, you have been busy. And be picky--get what you want woman! I'm glad Dave was around to fix your computer and set the Universe to rights. :) Enjoy your R&R!!

Christina said...

I'm so glad to get up to speed- I was seriously confused. I can't wait for you to get up to the good part of the state, though. ;)

tiburon said...

Hey chickie. I am headed your way on Friday. We will have a weekend of fun in the sun. Do you want to try to get together for lunch or dinner? I am trying to hook up with Holly too :)

Let me know. nunyabusiness@comcast.net

Kristi said...

How are you, woman? I hope you are well... :)

Mindi said...

dm burned onto your belly? violator banned from your bedroom? oh, yes--i think we can get along like a house on fire.
too bad you are having a brain malfunction and are leaving this neck of the woods. i forgive you now that you have popped over and i am not stalking you solo. do i sound creepy? hope so--now don't make us all wait so long for the next post!

Melissa said...

Hope you had some great sex while you two were away...oh, I'm sorry, did I actually write that? I meant to say I hope you had a great time resting and relaxing...yea, that's it!