4.23.2008

tidbits


What is that shaz? Any guesses?
Will's face pretty much says it all. It's vacuum blockage. I've only changed my vacuum bag ONE time since I moved here. Four years ago. My bad. I was trying to conserve bags. No, I'm not that "green". I bought my bags at a special vacuum store in SLC and only had 2 bags left. SO, I decided to be a wise consumer (wise= lazy) and not waste precious energy, gas, and brain power on trying to locate a special vacuum store here. Instead, I spent 30 minutes up close and personal with a butter knife and my vacuum a few mornings ago trying to undo this nonsense. Apparently the above photos illustrate the effects of vacuum bag negligence. That's only really the half of it. I threw most of it away before I was smart enough to skim the top of the garbage for a photo opp.
What are those bright shiny objects in the picture above? PINEWOOD DERBY CARS PEOPLE. and YES, jeff D. was NOT here do this little task. It was all up to little handy me. With two days notice. We bought a pre-shaped car, Will sanded for approximately 30 seconds (gasp. shock. horror!), spray painted, applied the decals (that promptly fell off while attaching the wheels), attached the wheels with faulty glue, and called it good. The process probably took a total of 1 hour. Hey. Will's lucky I even attempted this hullabaloo. As of now, I haven't quite caught "scouting fever" and Jeff is an eternal Weebalo. Not big scouters over here. obviously. His little car came in second place in both heats so all in all we were both beyond thrilled. We don't need to dwell on the fact that the weights fell off mid-race. I didn't actually apply those myself so I accept none of the blame there. (thanks for the valiant effort senior hill:).
What is the 411 on this picture? I like it. How's that nosey neighbors!?

I've been back and forth to SLC a bunch of times, and will be going back again tomorrow. HOPEFULLY we will ink up on SOMETHING soon. Last weekend we a great time, even though we were not totally successful on the housing front. We saw BOTH families, (my super awesome Sis-In law Janie even had ALL three kids sleep over one night...how much do I LOOOOVE her?), caught up with some friends (hi-ya Miss and R!), and caught 1st row seats to a BLAZE game. SERIOUSLY SO FUN. Do it if you get the chance. Indoor football is WILD. These athletes are like mini-men when compared to regular NFL players. Total hobbits. You'll be hard pressed to not shout out "RUN FROTTO...RUN". I swear it. SO much fun.

One MAJOR highlight was the LOOSLE LADIES LUNCH on Saturday. ALWAYS fun. Always though provoking. Always loud. Always AWESOME to see these girls that I love so much!!! We missed all of you who couldn't come! GREAT to see you Jan, Heidi, Amy, Kim, Steph, and my madre:) Sorry I made such a spectacle of myself in the restaurant. SERIOUSLY. We need to get planning the next family affair. And by "WE" , of course I mean "AMY".
kidding:)
I was so TIRED while driving home, but I got to come home and see Kristin's new little Cameron. SO FREAKING ADORABLE. my word. those two can pump out some attractive offspring. Go check out her pics on her blog.
Have a swell week people. Try not to dwell on the fact that they STUNK IT UP over on IDOL last night. Was Andrew Lloyd Weber not like a little delighted elf? He's a happy man:) With very red pants. My dreaded lovely crashed and BURNED last night. SO PAINFUL. Anyhoodle,
later.
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jori said...

Thank you so much for pulling out your vacuum shiz for us to see. I had to go bagless because I jacked up our vacuum so bad. Good job on that derby car! You are so good!

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh, chicky! i was the same way with vacuum bags. time to go bagless, my friend. it will change your life! :)

Mindi said...

no fair!!! why does only tara get jesus to visit her blog???????
actually, he's LIVING on my blog, via will ferrell, if heidi's little connor has anything to say about it!!

why oh why don't you post more often, as i am always sooooooo entertained. and again, why you no love us and leave us here in the desert???? bad choice, but i forgive you.

Sherine said...

Were you this funny when we were younger? I don't remember. I do remember however that you could sing like an angel and beat out any of those AI wannabes last night. Even in red pants. (or blue with silver sequence)

Anonymous said...

I heard about your antics at the Loosle lunch, which included a spread eagle floor laying thing to show off the full degree of your drink spillage if I heard correctly. (Am I allowed to embarrass you on your own blog? If not, go ahead and delete this comment without any offense taken.) I heard the venue was perfect this time - wish I was there to join you all.
Cousin Jen.

Jan said...

Busy times. I admired your vaccuum bag spillover -- great stuff! Bagless is indeed the way to go, I think. Good luck on the house hunt!

stepher said...

Dearest Cousin Jen,
After Tara's "routine" at the Loosle Ladies lunch I hardly think embarrassing her is a concern. I think I'll post some photos. You can all see for yourselves Tara's salute to amateur stripper hour at Training Table. I'm pretty sure the young, impressionable girls at the next table will need some form of PTSD counseling after watching Tara's display and listening to the ladies discuss the one consistent topic at all Loosle Ladies functions....boobs and bra fitting, complete with lifting the "twins" so everyone at the table can see just how far they've fallen.
Missed ya,

Cousin STeph

Anonymous said...

It's true, I have know idea how the topic of bra fittings and all that goes along with them ALWAYS somehow comes up! Must be very important to all of us Loosle Lefties for some reason. But the highlight was really the diet coke in the "Joanie & Chachie." We're all counting on Steph to post the pictures! Love you guys! Amy

Emily said...

Tara, Tara. Don't you know that there are like 100 gabazillion houses for sale in SLC right now? There has to be at least 1 that is suitable for a girl of your class...er..did you say, laziness?

Just joshin', but seriously, love reading your blog and all your disgusting, vile, and smelly adventures never cease to enthrall me. :)

bolingbrokes said...

ok...i must admit, I love to clean stuff like vacumn crap out of my vacumn...I don't know..it just works for me...gross right? Hope you find a house soon, back and forth from St. george can't be fun...good luck!

carey said...

Wow, I don't remember the last time I changed my vacuum bag. Better check. Love the look on your little dude's face though - pricesless. :) Good luck house hunting - - keep us posted!

Nanci said...

Okay, I did the same thing with my vacuum! We only had 1 bag left when we moved here. 2 years - 1 bag change. Then I found out about a month ago that there is a store by Alby's that carries them. Phew! By the way, I gotta laugh at the "coolest color" award. That's a self-esteem booster!

Nanci said...

Sorry Tara for using your blog this way, but I just tried to look at Kristin's new little Cameron and found she's locked up her blog. So, Kristin, if you see this, I want in! nancibraithwaite@msn.com

Nate P said...

silly people get central vac there are no bags!

Kristi said...

Dude, I have to say I am very impressed with your pinewood derby action--you have skills that I didn't even know about! I am with you--I not too pumped about all the scout's stuff Braden will have to do (because I am Satan) and of course I love your vacuum bag shiz pics and indoor hobbit football stories. I hope you enjoy your time in SLC woman...

Kristi said...

Dude, I have to say I am very impressed with your pinewood derby action--you have skills that I didn't even know about! I am with you--I not too pumped about all the scout's stuff Braden will have to do (because I am Satan) and of course I love your vacuum bag shiz pics and indoor hobbit football stories. I hope you enjoy your time in SLC woman...

All8 said...

Once you go Dyson, you'll never go back. Bonus, no bags!!! And you'll actually SEE all of the Shazz that your old vacuum was missing.

Hope that you find the perfect house soon.

Rusti said...

Will's face is cracking me up! And yes, thank you for braving the garbage so that we could have a glimpse of the crap that you've collected.

Melissa said...

That is some nasty vacuum blockage!! Tara I'm shocked...you are usually on top of all that is clean :)