So. I just got back from picking up dinner. Jeff was not home so, naturally, we got take-out. I've been wanting JimmyJohns all darn day long, and by golly, my #2 with cucumber totally hit the spot tonight. Not to mention the the two Jimmy Johns cookies I got "for the the kids" waiting for me in the bag. The only down side was the odd ball girl working the window. She kept staring at me. Studying me. She unnerved me so badly that as soon as I pulled away I did a booger check. Clean and clear. No hangers. Nothing. Nadda. Maybe she was trying to figure out if I've had beak enhancement surgery. I do have a grande snot collector. Whatever...
I forgot to post the highlight/lowlight of Halloween night, depending how you look at it.
We have a crazy busy street for trick-or-treaters. I was outside chatting up my neighbor when a group of adorable little ankle biters approached my door. I intercepted them by my little pillars where our fabulously carved creations were resting all a glow. Anyhoodle, one little one, around 4 or 5 I'd wager , says to me in his most sincere voice...
"your pumpkins are stupid"
I of course assume I have misunderstood the lad and tried to seek clarification.
"I'm sorry sweetie, what did you say?" I respond.
As I bend down to fully understand the little darling, he says...
"your pumpkins are stupid".
clear as day. no mistakes this time.
I bend in a bit closer to the wee-one and patiently respond...
"Oh...that wasn't very nice...your mask is stupid".
I immediately scanned the curb for a parent and high tailed it back inside.
Stupid little runt. He even got the GOOD full sizer candy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





16 comments:
ooooh, i love you! nice work on that one! you should have kicked him in the shins while you were at it.
GGGGGggrrrrrrrr.
ZING!!! I love it!!! That is hilarious, my friend, and justly served :) You crack me up--sticking it to a 5 year old and all.
Also, I think the chick at ol' Jimmy Johns has a crush!
Thanks for the laugh, as usual.
Oh, Tara-- you are my hero!
Kristi's probably right about the JimmyJohn's girl-- because who doesn't have a crush on you after that story!
"You're mask is stupid!" Ha ha ha. That was a good one.
After reading this post, I think a little Jimmy John's is in order for lunch today. I bet the girl thought you were pretty. She either wanted to date you,or look like you. Either way quite flattering.;)
I love Jimmy John's too. #4 for me. We went late to a soccer game on Saturday, so we could pick up our sandwiches. And can you believe Parly eats a whole one by herself.
I would have said the same thing to that little ingrate of a child. Good for you!
Greedy little buggar. I wish his parent was around so they could smack him!
Good for you for dishing it right back out to that stinker! Just hope you weren't on "Candid Camera"...that would have been a classic!
Oh my gosh, what a little stinkin' snot! I would have said the same thing - good for you!
I love Jimmy Johns too - what's in the #2???
you just made me bark tara. i love that you gave the little shit a piece of your mind. and i love that you call it a snot collector. i just heard that in a book i'm reading. hehe. you're hi-larious!
OK we don't have Jimmy John's very near here but I just looked at their menu - and now I want one too. And I"m sure it's because I haven't eaten much in 2 days now -- I want ALL of them.
Also -- good comeback to that stupid kid. Who told him he was supposed to critique your pumpkins anyhow?
Seesh! He's lucky he got a treat!!!
Have I told you how much I love the term Freaks and Geeks? Love it. And you gave that little turd a full size candy bar? Wouldn't it have been funny if you broke one in half and handed to him?
What a little brat! You must be rich if you give out the BIG candy.. That's what my kids say anyway. hahaha.
Why can't we have more people like you in Primary? Another reason why I heart you Tara!
I'm a blog stalker of your sister Mothud, and I gotta say, I peed myself reading that. That is so fantastic. I think we'd have less brats in the world if we acted more like those brats.
Post a Comment