10.31.2007

Pumkins, Crazy Hair, and Goonies:)

whoowee. Life is darn busy. I know I'm preaching to the choir over here. but my word. A girl barely has time to catch her breath, let alone keep up with Days of Our Lives.

Sheesh.

Let's see. Recap. Company, piano recital, book club (which meant READING like mad woman instead of blogging last week), ward split, new calling, Halloween (parent) days at dance, street party, young women's singing thingy, meetings, blogging lunch, haunted house, crazy hair day, primary program, birthday parties, carving pumpkins, and a one year old that is a walking (crawling) disaster. Holy fun-ness batman.


scooping spoons are for sissiesWill likes to incorporate tooth picks into any and all projects possible. Not sure why, but it DOES look fierce, does it not?


I'm ashamed to admit that this year was our first attempt at carving pumpkins. Bad parents. Bad, bad, lazy parents. The kids loved it, so did Jeff actually, so it is one activity that is sure to repeat itself in years to come. Here are the results of that family night...


Jeff's pumpkin is below on the right. In the light it looked exactly like CHUNK from "The Goonies". Jeff did his best "CHUNK" interpretation next to the pumpkin, pulled a nerve in his neck while posing for the picture, was nearly in tears from the pain, I laughed myself silly, and Jeff banned me from posting the picture. Darn it. It was AWESOME:)

Here is CRAZY HAIR DAY. It was the best I could whip out. They both thought they rocked it so I guess it was a success:) Will DID rock the Elvis hard plastic wig. I confiscated candy he was smuggling up in there before he walked out the door . Nice try. More later...I'm hungry and I'd like to double fist my burrito. Not possible while typing :)

16 comments:

daisy said...

We haven't really done the pumpkin carving thing either. Maybe us two pathetic set of parents could get together next year and do as families. Cute pictures!

Hayley said...

double fist the burrito, ey? sounds a little violent. enjoy! cute kids and pumpkins, too!

Lupe said...

Great pics! Awww..I remember the pic of Grace as Dorothy a few years back...so sweet!

Now the scariest news of all..a new calling? Very scary!

Melissa E Photography said...

I am dying to see the goonies picture! Tell Jeff to cough it up. I love the pics, and I can't wait to hear about the rest of your week!

Melissa said...

Loved the pics...miss that cute family of yours! I'm smuggling a quick peek at your blog while Hudsen is answering the door to trick or treaters! I'll call you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

you are a good woman...I hate the whole pumpkin carving thing, I try to avoid it as best I can...Love the pics of your kids...your cute daughter is all smiles while your son is all serious...he is so boy...good to have you back in the blogging scene...

Holly O. said...

Where is the burrito from?

Jan said...

Pics are adorable -- and I love Holly's commnet. I too want to know where the burrito was from. Also -- what's the new calling? Fill us in!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jeff may have banned you from posting the goonies pic on the BLOG, but he probably didn't say anything about emailing it to me..... get a move on. I can't wait to see it. Hee-hee.

Heather said...

Your poor poor children, you have deprived them for so long ;) I only carve the pumpkins because I like the seeds! They look great too btw, for first timers and all.

100 Percent Cottam said...

thanks for the whirlwind update! you are one busy chick! the kids are adorable, the pumpkins are fabulous! i want to hear about the new calling!

Sharla said...

Whew-- all is right with the world-- I am finally getting my dose of Anyhoodle! Love the pumpkins-- I think the toothpicks are what really makes it. Also, if your kids are going to look that cute, maybe every day should be crazy hair day!

Mmmmm, burrito...

Jori said...

Wow! You have been busy. Love the pumpkins. That Jeff is one talented guy.

All8 said...

I agree, What's your new calling. Get-Up and Go Girl?! Because you're putting the rest of us (okay, me) to shame.

I love the pictures.

carey said...

Looks like a hoot n a holler, Tara! Your kids are darling, by the way.

I'm with ya on not being able to catch my breath either. Life is too busy for sure.

Kristi said...

I loved the pictures, Tara! And loved crazy hair day--woohoo! Your kids are so freakin cute, for real. You have been one busy lady lately and I have missed you! I love the pumpkins and I love Goonies, too!