

Quick story to share with all 3 of my readers out there.
Yesterday Grace, her little friend Annie, and Libby were all at the bar enjoying wonderful chocolate-chip cookies (from frozen pre-formed lumps people...but still). We are all being silly and making Libby laugh when I feel Annie stop and study me. Finally, she says "Tara, you look different today." Hmm. I respond with "well, I don't have any make-up on sweetie." Grace pipes up with "no, you aren't wearing your normal clothes mom". True true. I had on a tight-ish red Aerosmith t-shirt (courtesy Jeff...of course) as I am doing hoards of laundry for our trip next week. I turn to Annie and say..."yeah, I'm wearing a funny t-shirt today sweetie."
Annie is quiet for a moment or two as she thinks about the information presented....
She then responds with....
"NO, it's your face."
Note to self...wear make-up.
everyday
I tried to make my self feel better with fugly celebrity pictures but who am I kidding. They are smokin' ....even sans make-up and loading their pie-holes.
oh well.





13 comments:
As your neighbor and a BYU fan, ever since I found your blog I have been struggling with whether I should get on and comment or just sit quietly in the background and watch it all happen and wait for some incriminating evidence to poor in. Well, I have been waiting...and waiting....and waiting... and this is the best you have thrown my way? That you are not perfect. Crap.
I would love to have seen you yesterday w/o makeup, I am sure you were really hard on the eyes Tara.
Maybe come up with some stuff I can use on Jeff and post it here, he doesn't read your blog does he?
Tara--I am not EVEN trying to buy this crap that you are trying to sell...I have already seen pictures of you (you're adorable), and heard from reliable sources that you are beautiful...
It's cool to go without make-up! It's not necessary EVERY day, right? You're one funny gal, Tara!
Tara-- you need to hit the hard stuff. And by that, I mean the celebrity blogs that get the super high-res pictures where you can actually see their pores and bits of lunch in their teeth. Of course, in the case of The Alba, it won't matter. She's just a freak of nature. But speaking of freakish, I bet her middle finger is no match for yours. ;)
When I was visiting in Alberta for my nephew's wedding, my sister's make-up got misplaced and she was pretty much refusing to be seen without any -- and I thought she looked beautiful. I really did. I think it's because I know what's inside -- and you're the same way. You're awesome, inside and out.
You need Botox? I think not. In fact, shut up. That's right, I said shut up. Don't act like you are not gorgeous. Don't act like you need make up. Don't act like you don't walk around in skimpy Aerosmith t's everyday.
Love that Annie! Blame it on her frequently, socially inappropriate mother (me!)...
Last Halloween I completely insulted 2 of our BEAUTIFUL friends who were dressed as polygamists. I asked them if they had put on make-up to make themselves look worse (exagerate the bags under eyes, etc.) They hadn't--it was all natural--and I had no way of undoing the damage that came out of my stupid, stupid mouth. Maybe I'll let them see me without make-up someday for payback--they probably wouldn't even recognize me!!!
Anonymous=jen
hee hee, silly goose. do i need to go on my "retouching" tirade? okay then. i will. i hate the fact that magazines airbrush women within an inch of their lives. and these are women who are paid large amounts of money to look good. who have personal trainers. and chefs. and makeup artists. and $600 hairdressers. and stylists. etc. etc. and THEN, after they've been primped to the max, they are then airbrushed to death. it's so unhealthy that women think they need to measure up to this imaginary, unattainable standard. let's all just be happier with who we are and what we have going on. YOU are a babe!!!
today's note to self - stop being fat. i will shortly be posting about this. refer to my blog momentarily!
I love what Natalie said! That's for sure. With that being said, when I'm caught without make-up I get asked if I'm sick...no not sick just no makeup, but thanks for noticing!! hahaha
Don't worry, Annie will pay when she turns into a TOM (Tired Old Mom) like the rest of us. Make-up => only required for public outings. You're at home, with extra kids around to tend, and making chocolate chip cookies (from a box or not... it's cookies nonetheless!)? No make-up is more than ok. You are one hot mama. And we have the proof on Sister C's blog, shower cap and all :)
From all I have seen you are GORG-OEOUS. Kaitlin told her preschool teacher that I ate a lot of food and got really big, but now I am eating healthy foods and will be small soon. sheesh..these kids are just too dern honest.
Oh, Tar. I think all of us would poke out our left eye to look like you. I look like death without makeup!
Hey, I saw Erika Fletcher today at the temple.. she says hi!
My dear friend Tara, yes, you are full of s***. I have seen you without makeup on more than one occasion and don't buy it...you are beautiful and I'd kill for your darling thin bod with a killer rack and gorgeous face. Love ya my dear!
Post a Comment