9.12.2007

joyeux anniversaire...


...means "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" in French. Although, my master of the French language is "ordure" (which, I believe mean "crap/feces" in French) at best. I just thought it would be fun to say "poo" in the language of love.

Anyhoodle, it IS some one's special day today...and that very *special* someone happens to be none other than our very own Sister C/Melissa! Now, I have made my feelings about sister C. perfectly clear HERE, despite her terrible judgement call in drafting this little diddy in my honor. All has been forgiven, and I love her anyway. Head on over and wish her a happy day and a "constipation" ...(yes, it is the SAME word in french...it technically means "difficult evacuation...hee hee), anyway, wish her a constipation- free journey to Europe tomorrow. (by the way, one of the foremost memories of Europe for me was mind-blowing constipation...that's why the fixation on passing along fiber-fiilled advice to fellow European travelers:)

Happy Birthday Miss! Eat great food and avoid the armpits of french waiters. They may speak the language of love but someone has GOT to introduce these fellows to RIGHT GUARD.
Happy Birthday!!
Ciao

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! Tara, your French is dazzling!! French poop sounds pretty (not literally, but figuratively). You know I adore you because you talk about poop, and stinky pits in a single post, right?

Melissa said...

Oh my friend, my friend...what would I do without you? Thanks for the birthday wish, you are a sweetie. (Even if you talk about constipation issues and my b-day all in the same post)I love ya and wish we were going to lunch together today! I will send you a postcard from France...till then Bon Jour and OY OY!

Em said...

Amen to the right guard!! Nothing pleasant about stinky, hairy pits!! I am impressed with your French skills!

Jan said...

Your French is wonderful! I grew up in Canada, required to learn it at least a little bit - I love your version! And a Happy BD to Melissa, too!

Lupe said...

Happy Day Mel C (Mel C? Isn't hat a Spice Girl?)! So agree with the right guard. For good measure slap on the old spice because Secret is just that in Europe a Secret.

Tara, your french is magnifique. (Note to self, don't let Tara order for me at a french restaurant)

Heather said...

Ohh la la, you are good. Why did you get so constipated in Europe, too much bread and cheese and not enough veggies? Too bad, that's no fun. Happy Birthday to Melissa. I wish I was going back to Paris.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday to Melissa. If you're a friend of Tara's, I sure hope you'll be a friend of mine. I took a little high school french (from the biggest perv, but that's a whole other story), Tara, I'm right there with you- it's un peu, but it's still there. Au revoir!

Jori said...

I don't think posting that pic was a lapse in judgement it is my new screensaver.

Kristi said...

I miss you when you're gone from your blog :) hee...

Kristi said...

no seriously :)