2.13.2008

Bilingual Education

This is the conversation between Will and I this morning.

Will: Mom, do you know what "sheet" means in Spanish?

Me: hmmm.(this is where I am frantically combing the dark recesses of my brain for any remnants of the TWO years I spent in Spanish I. (that is not a typo)).

Me: I don't remember learning about linens in Spanish class buddy.

Will: "Sheet" means "poo" in Spanish mom.

Me: um, no buddy, "sheet" does NOT actually mean poo in Spanish. "Sheet" is just swearing WITH a Spanish ACCENT.

He looked at me quite puzzled for a moment or two, and then I visibly SAW the light bulb go off in his head. He got a huge smile on his face and said " I SWEAR I didn't know that mom. I SWEAR it".

Time for Will to make some gringo friends in his class. His little Spanish buddies must be chortling all day with my little sponge.

18 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

HAHAHA!! That is hilarious. Learning to swear in english AND gringo. What a smart kid!

Jan said...

How funny is that!! Love it -- a whole new language!! (or accent?!)

Hayley said...

haha. i love that. you learn the darnedest things in public education, i swear! hehe.

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooh, i love it!!! that's sooo funny.

Sharla said...

Will just made my day!

Heather said...

Sheet, that's funny!!

Rusti said...

Literally laughing out loud.

Mary said...

Funny kid! :) That's hilarious.

Kristin said...

Holy sheet! That makes me giggle. Can I have him?

Jori said...

Seriously! That needs the "made my day award"

Holly O. said...

Haha. I have decided Wills are cute in general.

Anonymous said...

you know those kids are trying to think of a new word to teach him tomorrow...that is too stinkin funny

Em said...

I can just see Will's face as he says, "I SWEAR I didn't know that Mom!" Love that kid!!

Melissa said...

Oh man I bet his friends are getting a good laugh from that one!
I love that Will...can't wait to see your cute kids this weekend.

You too!

Emily said...

Hehe - Now he's the life of the party for all those beaner kids! LOL

tiburon said...

1. That is hysterical.
2. Love your sense of humor.
3. Coming out of lurkdom 'cause I gotta practice what I preach. Hope you don't mind me hanging around...

Kristi said...

Holy Crap Tara!!! That is freakin awesome. :) I adore that Will of yours...That made me laugh nice and good.

Kristi said...

Holy Crap Tara!!! That is freakin awesome. :) I adore that Will of yours...That made me laugh nice and good.