2.14.2008

Plea for help

Hey. I just got a phone call from the Bishop. I have to speak in church THIS Sunday with the rest of the YW presidency. He assigned us a talk given by President Hinckley in the April 2007 conference entitled "Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts Unceasingly".It's a great talk, but I'm way out of my element here. I've spoken in church maybe twice before? I'd rather sing 10 songs back to back than to actually speak intelligibly. I'm struggling with the whole giving a talk from a talk thing. He covers 4 points in the talk and I need some stories/thoughts to share about the following 4 subjects:

1. prayer
2. study (scripture and other)
3. tithing
4. Attend meetings

HELP ME. PLEASE email anything that might save my butt. This is why you don't answer your phone. KIDDING! I know, blessing in heaven...ya ya ya.

HELP ME.
please:)
wlgdavis{at}beyondbb{dot}com

15 comments:

Kristin said...

Hee-hee-hee. (I love that it isn't me.) I will ask my mom if she has anything... she is a virtual fountain of information. It won't be until later Sat night though. Maybe that is too late. Good luck! I can't wait.

Hayley said...

don't you know you're supposed to sit on the fence of inactivity to not have to do these things? have i taught you nothing? do i need to move down there to really help you?! i kid.

no ideas. brain dead offically, for the day. good luck though!

carey said...

Oh Tara. I feel your pain! I hadn't spoken in church for years and was asked twice in a 6 mo. period. The catch? I spoke once on Christmas and then on Fathers Day...so much fun. Go to lds.org and search your heart out. Also, try posting on MC if you dare... ;). I'll be brainstorming for ya.

Em said...

Think of a personal or scriptual example of each one of the 4 points that you could elaborate on.
I'll keep thinking.... Good luck!

Kristi said...

I am special when it comes to talks! I always tell embarrassing stories for some reason...I have issues :) You are going to do great though! I'll email you soon...

Emily said...

Ohhhhhhh - you're SO screwed!! Kidding, kidding! I'm sure you'll do a fabulous job!

I'm gonna brainstorm and then I'll get back to ya.

Kristi said...

Tara. My friend. I will be right there with you. I have to speak at church this Sunday too. I bet you're thinking, "hey, she just spoke". That is true. Mine is on, Having an eye single to the glory of God. Hmmm.... Good luck!

tiburon said...

I wish I had some great tips for you! Talking in church is my biggest fear in life. I would call in dead. Yeah, tell them you died.

Rusti said...

I emailed you. No guarentee it's going to be of use though. lol

All8 said...

Tara, I just wanted to tell you thank you for your comments and your prayers for Abigail. She's doing great. Thank you again!!

And you so are a "Cutie Pie". ;D

Kristi said...

Good luck today :) You're going to show that congregation whose boss! :)

Rusti said...

How'd it go today? I want to hear all about it.

POST! POST! POST! POST! ;)

Holly O. said...

Ooooh, I can't wait to hear how it went!

Melissa E Photography said...

How did the talk go, Tar?

Jan said...

I'm sure it was wonderful -- fill us in!