I am truckin' through the produce section, minding my own p's and q's when I am suddenly trapped by 2 polyester wearers and their cart. Sisters perhaps. They are picking out squash, acorn, I believe. Next thing I know, one of the blue hair's husbands turns the corner with nothin but donuts in his cart. Bluehair #1, upon viewing the items in the husband's cart yells out (and I DO mean "yell") "JUST DONUTS FRANK?" Frank at this point lovingly pats his donuts and replies..."yup". Blue hair #2 then pipes up with....
"FRANK...HOW DO YOU LIKE MY MELONS?"

I kid you not. I think Frank's answer was probably my favorite part though. He said, simply..."THOSE WILL DO".
I chuckled all they way to the yogurt section.





7 comments:
HA, ha, ha. I can't wait to be a blue hair and say crazy stuff. The only thing that would make it any better was if it was in front of my kids, with lots of other people present. ;D Mel, sent me.
Was this at the friendly Albertson's? Classic. I especially love that you went and found a photo to match. You are definitely getting the hang of this.
HAHAHA! First of all, I love the first picture of Grace and Libby. CUTE! And I've decided when I am old and wrinkly (and not poor) I am going to shop at Harmon's because I swear that's where the AARP crowd hangs out. I love it!
Holly, no this was at the stunning establishment across the street from Albertsons. They have all the seniors over there. That pic. was seriously the FIRST melon sight that came up when I googled "melon pictures". Crap, I'm lucky I didn't get OTHER "melon" pics :)
Harmons is my fav. store ever. Too bad the only one here is across town (I sound like such a local :)
thanks for the comments all8...glad miss sent ya!
OH, that is my favorite story of the day. Good times :) I love that they say things and don't even realize how funny they are.
freakin' hilarious. love that one, love old people. "those will do." love it.
why haven't I been reading your blog sooner? you are killn' me.
Post a Comment