wow, am I a slacker the past few days or what?!?! I suppose that since I am hardly publishing earth shattering material or life changing thought provoking insight that the earth as we know it will continue to orbit and life in the universe will have emerged unharmed. I simply have not had anything to say. Well, let me rephrase. I have had plenty to say, just nothing that I wanted to type out for the casual readers to stumble upon.
I swear, I am usually a very even-keeled person. I'd say darn near easy going. (And if you DARE to disagree, I'll hunt you down, bungee cord you to a chair and play David Hasselhoff-the Album till you are crying like the giant weak baby that you are:)) BUT, ANYWAY, for some reason unbeknownst to me, yesterday I was Medusa reincarnated. I was seriously Miss Hannigan minus the booze and bratty orphans. Witchy even. I was annoyed for a few dumb reasons but none that should have resulted in a total personality transformation. eek. I hate feeling out of control of my emotions. I seriously apologized to my kids 4 different times yesterday for my rotten-ness. I yelled. I'm not a yeller and I yelled. several times, for seriously minor infractions. I hate that. ALRIGHT, enough talk of my temporary mind and body possession, I just didn't want to get on the computer and spread my good cheer yesterday...............oh, and you're welcome :)
On to better things, my fantastic fam is coming this week and I'm stoked. I have a frick'n fun family and there is sure to be a great time had by all. Even if it is 110 stanking degrees. Blah. Oh well, even if we live in the pool for a few days it'll be good by me.
Alright, I'm going to go feed the young one while I continue to enjoy my frozen grapes, and maybe a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie (or 3) thrown in for good measure. Come on, being rotten is hard work. Have the rest of a stupendous weekend everybody :)





9 comments:
Today is my day of funk. It must be the heat.
I have been completely miserable too. I told Kaitlin to stop "pissing me off" I am such a rotten mom! I really couldn't believe it flew out of my mouth. I promise I've never said that before, and I really do feel bad. I'll blame it on the heattoo. my outside thermometer is registering 112 right now..yikes!
If I were in 110* weather I would be a beast! Funny, I talked to you on the phone yesterday and you hid your medusa-ness pretty well! I hate having those jaw clenching/fist tightening/growling days.
don't worry about the yelling - they get over it. and next time you feel it coming on, they'll feel it too & will watch out! hehe. no, really - sometimes i do that with my students & then afterwards i feel like such a jerk. but i did miss you on the blog. yes, i'm a faithful reader.
I know I'm being really grumpy and grouchy when my kids say, "Mom, are you going to be nice now?" :) Good thing you can always start over tomorrow!
Your posts crack me up! Sorry your day was crappy! I had one Friday,too. All I wanted to do was whine...fun reading for all. How exciting that your family is coming to see you! Hooray--let us know how it goes...
"We love you Miss Hanigaaaaaan!"
Yank the wiskers from Tara's chin.. jab her with a safety pin! So glad to know I'm not alone in the world breaking down with my kids too. Thanks for making me laugh during the day!
kristi t
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOGLEY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
You would really be excited if you could hear me sing it, but I guess this will have to do! Thanks for the good reading! (PS. Melissa told me it's your birthday, I'm not really a psychic!)
Post a Comment