6.25.2007

My Own Little Sweat Shop


There are definite perks to having a 9 and a 6.5 year old. This has been quite the productive Monday morning here in Davis Land. After letting the kids watch Arthur while eating breakfast (it's our morning ritual, I love that crazy aardvark and his rascally friends) we were off to the races. I am quickly running out of extra jobs for my kids to do every morning during the summer. SOOO, this morning I decided it was time they learned to clean the porcelain throne and all the surrounding facilities. NICE. Grace was excited and Will was disgusted. I quickly reminded Will that being as he is the only one with the particular talent of being able to spread pee to undesirable places (well, he and his friends), he should not be dry-heaving. It certainly is not MY splatter, so tough beans. Save your dry-heaving for more appropriately nasty things. (ie. soggy bread in the disposal, mice in the pool skimmer, bad breath). Seriously, screw child labor laws. Give me a few more years and I should feasibly not have to ever leave my bed if I so desire. I'll just put a little bell on my night stand so as to easily summon my laborers. The kid's bathroom is sparkly clean. I am on my second batch of laundry, I polished my fridge, and my kitchen is clean. I'm one happy hombre. Now if I could just remember to slip a little benedryl in libby's bottle before her morning nap I could blog to my little hearts content. Oh well. There is always tomorrow...(and two more dirty bathrooms :).


12 comments:

Jori said...

I made Kaitlin(she's 4) dust the furniture on Sat. I would spray the pledge and she wiped it up. She did a pretty good job. I was SO happy, I'm with you, can't wait until the kids can take over all chores.

Melissa E Photography said...

Ugh, I can't WAIT until I can use my kids as slaves. I'm going to need a break after years of scraping every spreadable substance off of every piece of furniture in my house!

Hayley said...

i'm all about drugging babies/children so that they rest properly. good job!

Holly O. said...

I have been known to put Benadryl in Connor's cup when we are getting on an airplane. And yes, get those kiddies working. I totally have a vision of you ringing the bell for service, ha!

Kristi said...

There's no shame in child labor. Way to get some serious help around the house--you deserve it!

100 Percent Cottam said...

nice work! it's nice that maya (3) is finally doing some work around here...when she's willing. oh, and breakfast with arthur is our tradition, too. maya is an arthur fanatic, and i quite like him, too.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...you are starting to sound like Mom, with this child labor thing! Ha! Ha!

I need some more jobs/ideas for my kids..the oldest one mostly. Any ideas?? I love putting my kids to work! :D

We have been know to use Benadryl to help our kids sleep! Works wonders!

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I would've thought of this sooner my lil friend. Now that my oldest is 16 she is useless around the house! On the other hand, Hudsen (6) is by far my best worker. Way to go kids!

tara said...

It's my little friend!!! Welcome to blogland miss. now go START YOUR OWN TOO!!!!!!

Cami Jo said...

Hey- how young is too young? I want mine to learn early! Maybe you should give some tips for the hubby too!

Lupe said...

So let me get this straight. First, your sister feeds her kid quarters. Now you're making your kids clean the porcelain throne? Can we say "Brilliant"? I'm so pro child labor. Yet, I'm so anti in labor with a child. Anyway, we're running out of chores too. I'll let you know if I can think of anything.

HUGS!
Lupe
ps2

tara said...

lupe, I think miss would rather forget the whole "my kid pooped a flippin quarter" incident. I have a ton of great jobs for my kids. They love me:)