6.26.2007

Not much happening today. We made a library/Christensen's/Target/Wendy's run this morning and now I am vegging away catching up with blogs (some laugh out loud moments I might add). My kids got the movie ELDORADO (animated) from the library even though they have seen IT a 1000 times. They love that show.

Okay, question for the day. I am nearly done with "The Time Traveler's Wife" and I'm starting to experience that "crap, what am I going to read next" feeling. Am I alone in that panic? I've had A THOUSAND SUNS sitting here for awhile, and I started THESE IS MY WORDS over a year ago and had to stop what with birthing and all. Anyone read both of these? Does A Thousand Suns have a similar feel to The Kite Runner? (Loved that book). I've been out of reading mode for a year until recently when I picked up the Twilight series. Now I'm gung-ho and need some great suggestions. I always read like a mad woman in the summer. There is nothing great on TV :) Even DAYS gets boring. (I don't want to hear crap from anyone. I've watched it since 3rd grade...some habits die hard.) So people, what are you top choices right now? I know, it's hard to narrow it down and the list constantly changes, but give it your best shot :) If you fail me, I might have to start caring wether or not Sami and Lucas and the whole Brady gang can finally put an end to the Brady/Dimera fued, so Sami won't have to give her baby's stem cells to Stefano to save him from his incurable disease, even though his kidney is up and running that he programed Steve to steal from John who was in a comma at the time. That is, after they find out if it's Lucas's or EJ's baby.
Hey, I said I was bored, not that I stopped watching.

8 comments:

Holly O. said...

Finish These is my Words. I loved that book. Then get the Book Thief. That is excellent too. Hayley has a list of books she just read on her blog. Have you read any Jodi Picoult books? I recommend those too!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i love these is my words. one of the best books ever. i've got some book posts on my blog, just click on the "bookworm" label on the right side.

Hayley said...

i'm reading "a thousand splendid suns" right now... its great. if you liked the kite runner, you'll enjoy. and thanks hojo for the nod, i do have lots of lists of books on my blog. and she's right again - anything by jodi picoult is fab.

Em said...

I am still trying to finish....whoops! I mean START, the Secret Life of Bees. I have had it for over 2 years and have not even cracked it open!

Hayley said...

oh my gosh, the secret life of bees is an excellent book! also, try bee season. that was an interesting one!

Kristi said...

OH MY! That is Hee-larious about Days. You crack me up. I recommend Eleni. It's good. Life of Pi was interesting. I always feel like that, too, about what next? I stalk to library and the holds section...

Jori said...

I have watched Days since I was 11(i'm now 34) I just stopped watching about a year ago, because it has gotten SO stupid. what happened to the good ol' days?? Is it any better with the new head writer?

tara said...

ummm, I don't know about BETTER, but they have brought back a bunch of the oldies. Stefano, Tony, bart, Dr. rolf, steve, kayla, just to name a few.