
So. Will had a big combined scout activity last night. They were all meeting in the backyard of his leader to watch a movie on a big screen (Bridge to Teribithia actually). We were supposed to supply a treat to share with everybody and they were providing the popcorn and drinks. So, in an effort to cling to my "world's best mom" title, we grabbed a bag of chocolate chip cookies from Albertson's bakery.Two actually, one for the scouts and one for us. (seriously, WHY don't I ever just MAKE SOMETHING?!?!?!I'm starting to even annoy myself. ) Anyhoodle, when Will left for scouts I was um....busy...um...on the computer...ummm...catching up with my correspondence. :) I hollered to him to grab the cookies off the counter and go, so, like the obedient offspring that he is, he did. SOOO. A short time later I go back to the kitchen and much to my dismay, Will has grabbed the half eaten bag of cookies. I had even broken a few in half so I wouldn't feel like such a heifer. You know, the whole "if I eat em' in smaller pieces I'm not really such a porker" mentality. k..so not only am I the total loser mom for not MAKING anything, I am now also the CHEAP SOB who won't even spring for an ENTIRE bag of cookies. Fan-flipp'n-tastic.
PS. NO, the girl in the picture is NOT me. Her enthusiasm for her plate of cookies was just, well, moving.





6 comments:
That is so funny! I love the picture, that is for sure what my face looks like with a big plate of cookies.
that just made me laugh... can you imagine being the person thinking "half a bag of cookies? come on!" sorry - that probably just made you feel worse. they probably didn't even notice! no worries!
They probably didn't notice, but I would have noticed if I was the leader. Thankfully it was guys, not a YW activity. Women always notice. The bright side is that you still had the full bag at home to enjoy!
LOL! I love that you brok some in half. And though I do give you credit for posting pics, I want to see some pics of YOU with your cookies. I'll post my ugly pics if you post some of yourself. Deal?
You are better than me. I would've sent them with the half eaten bag on purpose, just so I could enjoy the full bag for myself! Impressing people? Totally overated!
That is hilarious! Ah, who cares about broken, half eaten cookies? :) That girl looks like she has a tick or something :) Good story!
Post a Comment