Jeff is gone with Will tonight at a movie, and Grace and Libby have been snoozing for hours. So, here I sit with a big ole bowl of frozen lemonade dessert (thanks Cam...it's
sooo delish), Michael
Buble', and my computer. Perfect.
I figured it's finally a good time to do a proper bday wrap-up. Don't for a minute think that the big 32 was a crappy day because it has taken me so long to do this. It was quite the opposite. It's just been a wacked out few weeks since. So, anyway, here goes.
When I got up to get Libby (at 6:15 no less...she obviously didn't get the bday memo ...and neither did my hard-drive, apparently...big turds)anyway, Jeff had set up a little b-day display on the kitchen counter. For those of you who don't know Jeff, he KICKS BUTT when it comes to birthdays, Christmas's...any gift giving event. He's the man. He had gotten me a BUNCH of clothes and even matching jewelry. He is sort of a freak of nature when compared to most men. (with the excepting of BRIAN:). He has AWESOME taste (ie...expensive hee hehe) in clothes, accessories, decor...everything decorative. He's THE BEST. He picks better clothes for me than I do. He had also gotten me this..

now, I know we are the last people on the planet to jump on the Ipod bandwagon, but to be frank, technology frightens us both. This is my 2nd attempt at an Ipod, and Jeff is on his third. We keep buying the big fancy ones, getting overwhelmed, never taking them out the package, and RETURNING THEM. Lame, I know, but this go round I finally bit the bullet and figured these bad boys out. Not so bad actually. I'm now an Ipod convert, but don't think for one nano-second I'm going to show you my music library. It's reaffirmed to me that I, in fact, am NOT cool. :(
That night all of my cute, unbelievable girl friends took me out. (those who live here anyway). I don't know how I lucked out to find such fun, awesome friends here. I'm so blessed. Anyway, we went to dinner and while we were there Kristin surprised me with this number...



It's THE CUTEST apron you have EVER seen. I have been COVETING one ever since she showed me one she made a few months ago for her mom. I know that these pictures do not even begin to do this justice, but this sweet little number is another KRISTIN wonder. Yep, the same one who whipped out the sinful caramel apples on flippin' WHIM...pumped out Holly's gorgeous quilt for Will, heck, this mini-martha makes FRICKIN' ECLAIRS for FUN...uh huh...that's her. It's kinda hard to not love/hate her...:) Anyway, I had NO CLUE she was making lil' old ME one so it was such a fun surprise.
The other awesome girlies gave a MONSTER gift certificate to Christensens, and thank you very much, it's been well spent. I LOOOVED using up that bad boy. Seriously, this is the neatest bunch of girls. I love them all. THANKS MY CUTE FRIENDS!!! (not that ALL my friends have to be cute, I have some ugly friends too...just not THESE particular ladies:)
My family arrived the next day and my mom had something I (not so secretly) hoped she'd get me...
No, not a poster of a lonely sad sunburned orphan girl to put above my bed. She got me THE coolest LIVE version of LES MIS I've ever seen. It's a special 10th anniversary (of the Broadway show) version with the best of the best leads from all the London and NYC casts of the show through out the years. It's unbelievable. We've watched it over and over at my mom's house. It has the best Marius EVER. ohhhh. so amazing. This show (and book actually) remains in my top 2 shows EVER, and I've seen a gazillion Broadway shows. (I told you I was a music nerd...)I was so excited to get this. THANKS MOM!!! She also bought me a BUNCH of tupperware stuff that I was desperate need of, and THE best popcorn popper on the planet. (that they don't carry here). We have a teansy tiny popcorn fetish on the Hicken side so THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU mom.
My cute friend Melissa just surprised me with the kickin' card and a PIER 1 gift certificate in the mail yesterday too. She knows me well, plus, she has a KNACK for card picking. She's the champ truly. THANKS SISTER C!!!!!!
SO obviously the big 3-2 was a good one. It looks as though I can shove the botox and boob job off for at least one more year. yay me :)
thanks everybody!!!!!!!!
14 comments:
What a WONDERFUL birthday! You totally hit the motherload this year. Can I borrow your cute friends? I've got a bday in August.
So happy you had a great day!
Oh boy, that is the CUTEST apron ever! Love Pier 1 too, such a fun store. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Tara! Woohoo! Holy crap, you did hit the motherload--that apron is SO cute, and Les Mis sounds awesome. That is one broadway show I really want to see--loved the book! And what a cute husband to surprise you...
I love, love that apron! The ipod isn't bad either! What a fun b-day.
Can you loan out your friends for b-days?? :) :)
yee haw, girl! sounds like a wicked awesome bday. i have the lime green pod, love it. it still confuses me, but i'm getting better at it. love the apron, i'm dying for a cute apron. does your friend sell them, by chance? :) give her my name, if so. and i'm going to have to get my hands on that les mis concert, to further feed my addiction. lovin' les mis to the extreme. sounds like a party!
is it just me or do we need to slap some sleeves and a butt on that apron and call it a dress?!? i'd wear it! cute! sounds like you had a great birthday!
Thanks guys. I am glad you like the apron. Tara has been trying to get me to sell them too, but I am trying to figure out if it would be worth it. I am actually working on a new design as we speak, and maybe, if I can get my crap in order, I will do it. I will let you know. Wish me luck.
do it, do it, do it. If we all bug KRISTIN to death she'd HAVE to do it. It is pricy material, but that is what makes them so stinkin' cute.
Do it Kristin! They are adorable! I only problem is I can't decide between my mom's brown/pink one and tara's blue/greenish one. I love them both!
And Tar, you posted your b-day wrap up too soon. I decided a pop corn popper is lame and your present is on it's way to my house as we speak!
Tara, your birthday looks fab! And I would so buy one of those aprons myself.
Unrelated topic #1:
I blogged! Quick, come see it before I go into a shame spiral and delete it! ( smbfox.blogspot.com ) And how do I make it so that we're blog friends?
Unrelated topic #2:
So, you'll see how I blogged about the Fug Girls stealing my material-- and now, they're stealing yours, too! Just today, they used Anyhoodle. Seriously, have they no shame?
hee hee cookie..."shame-spiral". love it, and I LOVE YOUR BLOG! check it out girls...great reading fo' sho'. you'll love this girl:)
Hi Tara - LOVE your blog. You've been making me laugh this morning! :) Come crash mine any time!
Sweetie, your hubby didn't buy you an apron, that's lingerie!!!!
Can you smellll what the 'ra is cookin'????
Hey Tara so glad you finally got yourself an apron, and a very chic one at that!! Very talented friend you have indeed. And I too have seen that Les Mis special about 100 times, love it!. Glad u had a fab birthday! love, Mis
Post a Comment