7.10.2007

Where does the time go?

Seriously. I swear we just finished school. The stores are already putting out all the fall clothes and school stuff. What the? I know it sounds cliche, but it is so true that the older you get the faster time passes. It's sort of mind boggling actually. Before I know it I'll be in line at Denny's at 5:00 waiting to flash my AARP card for my early bird special.


Today has potential for being a great day. Jeff has a meeting this morning, then I got a babysitter and will meet him later to go shopping. In actuality, I'm not much of a shopper. SHOCKING. I know. As much as I love clothes, shoes, accessories, decorating and ALL that entails, I really hate to shop unless I have a purpose and something specific I want. I DESPISE WINDOW SHOPPING. All that does is TICK YOU OFF. If I am not buying, I will not waste my energy shopping. That's why Internet shopping has been my life line here in this desert small town. It's getting better, granted, but I love to click on my favorite stores, fill up the ole shopping bag, quick ship it and wait for Mr. UPS man. I love him, and his big brown truck full of surprises. This is all accomplished while still sitting in my g's and polishing off the last bran muffin. Now that's heaven for a lazy shopper....which of course, I am.


I do have a purpose today. Hopefully I'll find what I am looking for . My SUPER AWESOME COOL friends gave me a HEFTY gift certificate to CHRISTENSENS for my birthday and I have some exchanging to do at buckle. I ordered a bunch of dresses online last week (with great success actually) and now need some undershirt type things for a few and SHOES for a few. Have I mentioned that I REALLY love shoes? Better quit with the bran muffins. I've got to try on clothes today.



If the clothing quest fails today (which it very well could, due to the HUGE amount of bran muffins and Grace's left over eggos I just consumed, I'll be honest), I'm still stoked because our cute little town just got an INTERIOR ELEMENTS. HALLELUJAH. I love this place more and more everyday.

Have a great day everyone.

CONGRATULATIONS HOLLY and WELCOME little WILL!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found this blog by accident and I love it! I was typing in some random girl names on google and your site came up. Hey I am a 35 year old single white male. Some say I look like Brad Pitt but I think I look more like Josh Duhmel. Anyway, I live in Barstow CA and have read about St. George. Maybe I can drive up the good ole' I-15 next week and we can meet up and do lunch?

tara said...

what ever BRIAN

Jori said...

Okay that freaked me out for a second(I read it before you commented). But then I thought you haven't really mentioned St. George, so it was probably one of your friends messing with you. Anyway I am a big time online shopper too! It is the best! I always use naughtycodes and get great discounts.

Kristi said...

That is Heelarious! I hope your shopping day is fabulously successful, and yay for having a babysitter while you shop! I would love that! Happy Birthday, again!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooh, i can't get enough shopping. i don't have to buy to be happy. just being in the presence of things i could buy is enough for me. hope you found some good stuff!

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh, and you are so not alone in the time flies thing. i feel like everything moves at warp speed anymore. it's crazy!

Cami Jo said...

Whose Brian? He sounds pretty funny himself!

I love shopping for things that I don't have to wear. If I was a size 2 then maybe I'd be a little more willing to shop for clothes! Decorations for houses are fun to shop for though. I went to IKEA for the first time a week ago and that was a blast! (Even though all I came home with was a cheese grater and some plastic plates and utensils!)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe they had all the "Back to School" already. It does make me excited for Fall though!

Good luck with the shopping! Wish I could go for you! :) You must not have inherited the shopping gene...I could go any time, window shopping or not! I think it's what they call "retail therapy!" I could use a session right now! :) Happy shopping!

Lupe said...

Wasn't Barstow, CA voted the "Armpit of America"? Anyway, don't bother busting out your AARP at Denney's. The portion of the senior meals are the exact same size as the kids meals.

Happy shopping and quit harrassing the UPS guy.

Melissa E Photography said...

You're getting an interior elements? WOW! Your little town is moving up in the world! I hope you get some good loot today!