7.25.2007

People People, Everywhere, PEOPLE

yep, that pretty much sums up the situation here. 700 people in one house, 500 of them kidlets, and a whole lot of FUN. My family is the best. My kids are having a heyday with their cousins, some of which they only see ONCE a year. (that is just NOT right...)
Despite the general FUN-NESS going on in these parts, I'm somewhat grumpy as of now. The rest of the clan is off hiking this morning and I decided last minute to bail so that I could put Libby down for a nap. She's had too many late nights. I'm surprised I'm so bummed about it, being as there was actual physical exertion required, but ever since I moved away three years ago I have had a serious love affair/obsession going on with the mountains. MY mountains. I miss these mountains everyday. The beauty, the grandeur. To steal a line from Kristi, I just love how they are right up in your business. I've been giggling about that since she wrote about it a few weeks ago ... It's just so true. I've grown to appreciate the desert and it's unique beauty, but I'll take my wasatch front magnificent wonder any day.
Anyhoodle, the fam is off gallivanting in MY mountains and kickin' it at some lake...while I sit here and type. I suppose it's for the best. We played baseball last night with Jeff's family and I am a wee bit sore. Pretty much just in the muscles I don't normally use, which would be, well, all of them. My legs were all jello-y by the second time I hoofed it to first. This ole Clydesdale needs to shake her tail more often. I'm sore today. I'm 32 and I can't play a friendly game of baseball without feeling it. LAME. I also discovered an embarrassingly manly trait I posess while up to bat. I grunt. I'm a grunter. I'm Serena Williams minus the general amazon woman-ness , man thighs, and short skirt. Not lady-like. I'm a grunter...I can't help it. I just want to whack that little sucker to kingdom come. I never liked being considered girlie so I always tried to fake some level of athleticism. Grunting outta do it. That's probably why I took up belching in my youth as well. A skill I still hone and perfect.
Take care everybody. I'll check in again soon.
word to your mother

11 comments:

Hayley said...

as i've gotten chubbier, i've become a snorter. so unbecoming. its shameful. i'm sure i'm a grunter too, 'cept i probably never work that hard. sad. sad world.

Kristi said...

Tara! I'm so glad you're posting while kicking it with the fam--as usual, I love & look forward to your posts :) Sucks you missed the mountains! But way to play some baseball, girl! I'm impressed you even play (I'm more of the serena williams look-a-like, with no athleticism!) Word to your mother...love it.

Kristi said...

Hayley--you're funny.

Jori said...

As I've gotten chubbier I snore like a lumberjack. Kaitlin will sometimes come into our room frightened saying somebody has a lawn mower on. Ryan has to tell her "no that's just your momma" Kaitlin also said she can see my nose hairs. man, sucks to get old! Glad you are having fun in Utah!

Holly O. said...

Word to your mother. Haha. I'll have that in my head more than usual today. Hayley and I say that to each other on a very regular basis, so happy to see others using it. You enjoy your time up in SLC. We miss you down here though. We really do. Especially me. I'll probably starve without you to feed me.

Lupe said...

I'm a snort laugher. Quite embarrassing really. Perhaps on your next musical number you can add a grunt in for good measure. Primary kids would love it.

Sharla said...

I'm always trying to hide my complete lack of athleticism-- maybe I should give grunting a try. But I don't know if even grunting would work-- this morning at the gym, I'm on the elliptical, when I suddenly look at my hands and notice that my pinkies are up, like I'm having a lovely cup of Earl Grey with the Queen.

Now that's just embarrassing.

Heather said...

Enjoy the peace and quiet while everybody is away. Hiking in the mountains is lots of fun, I did some when we were just in UT, but oh the soreness..in my butt. Not good. I'm Heather, sister to Holly and Hayley. Your blog is cute and funny.

the Mah said...

Hey, we have a snort laugher in our Primary in the form of a teacher. Every time she snort/laughs, the kids laugh, then she snort/laughs some more etc etc...
It's like one eternal round...
It's a great object lesson.

Holly O. said...

When are you coming home????

Kristi said...

Yeah! When? :)