
This has been one crazy week. I'll recap my birthday later (I've got to take a picture of the loot first.) That was Monday, and Tuesday night my family arrived in all their glory. We swam and bummed that night, just chillin'. Things didn't really start to get interesting until Wednesday afternoon. We were taking a respit from the pool and shoveling crap into our pie holes when some genius decided we should whip out Guitar Hero. "Hey, why not, it's fun for all" I replied. Secretly, I was totally stoked due to the fact I happen to ROCK guitar hero. I've only played a handful of times but was still confident in my abilities. Well, I started out strong. Who wouldn't when compared to a bunch of novices? I was KILLIN the medium level songs while the rest of the pathetic lose...err...observers were struggling to finish the EASY songs. I was totally channelling Joe Perry. Much to my dismay, my bunch of wannabe rock-stars had some untapped talent. They kept improving, thanks to my encouraging support. "Hey, nice riff Ty", or "man, Steph, that little solo rocked", or,"great rhythm em", or "Miss, you are going to break my guitar", okay, that last one didn't really fit, but it still had to be said. Love ya Miss.
This was the point that I should have feigned an injury. They were up and comers, but I was still sitting pretty on that rock-star throne. Too bad those stupid competitive voices in my teeny tiny brain wouldn't let me quit. Nope. By Thursday night, they were really picking up speed, ( Ty and Mary have some serious natural guitar hero abilities...jerks) but I was unafraid. After all, I had played against my husband (who doesn't know the first thing about music, notes, rhythm, etc.) and my nine-year old, and they told me I was WICKED good. My first mistake was believing them, my second mistake was not taking early retirement and quiting while I was ahead. Seriously. I got worse and worse. The worse I got, the more TICKED I became, and the BETTER Steph got. This morning while giving it one more go, I was so annoyed with myself (after trying unsuccessfully to blame the faulty guitar and the whammy bar for my patheticness) that Steph started to actually feel sorry for me. Didn't help. She was calling out the same insincere loser comments I had been spewing mere days before. "wow, tara, you totally got ALL those notes in that riff" or "that looks hard, way to go". I finally told her to quit patronizing me or I would come over there and sit on her face. I meant it too.
That's it. I'm retired. I always did have a weak wrist.
Thanks for coming Fam!! I loved having you here. Don't be strangers. Love you all.





7 comments:
freakin' hilarious!!! i love it. i am definitely going to have to check into that. i have a feeling i'd totally suck at it. but it sounds fun.
Too funny! I love the "insincere loser comments" portion. Good one! :) Glad you had such a good time with the fam, and now we've definitely got to check out guitar hero. Can't wait to read about your birthday and all the sweet loot you got :)
Well I'm totally dissappointed in you. Guitar Hero is the pinnacle of all musical abilities. Perhaps even topping the sacred Tony's. You sure your brother wasn't jiggling the wire behind the console during your ZZ Top riff? Bummer!
HeeHee, that was some funny stuff. We always get mad during guitar hero too. So typically we play obsessviely and then it get's put away for a LONG time, to preserve family relationships.
Yeah, we're Guitar Hero nerds. Can't wait for the family "Rock-Off"! I think it should take top priority of the week.
We ARE nerds. But ya'll are jealous of my moves. I may not hit the right notes at the right time (I swear the guitar hero gods were out to get me) but I am a rocker at heart.
Those comments were not insincere, it really did look hard for you. The fact that you figured out the whammy bar after only 3 days of playing with it speaks volumes of your innate GH ability.
Post a Comment