Now...I must point out one thing before I open the flood gate of photos. Ninety percent of any pictures with my mug in it are self-portraits. Jeff is anti-camera and I am just vain enough to actually want photographic evidence that I was actually invited on our family disney2007 adventure.

excited kids...excited mom...not to mention a purty sunrise in the background:)
We requsted a room with a view of Downtown Disney this go round and they did NOT disappoint. It was awesome. Downtown Disney is just the coolest place. 
If you look closely you can see the Tower of Terror (still an awesome ride, by the by), and the rest of California Adventure behind Downtown Disney. You could see Splash Mountain and the Matterhorn out the other side but I'll spare you the pictures. Too cool.
Grace and Will WET and recovering with the help of a Churro after Splash Mountain. Churros are a cure-all in this family. All that sugary goodness. Delish.
Grace and Jeff on what still remains Grace's favorite ride ever...Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Now a quick recommendation. If you haven't ever taken the time to go to see "Fantasmic" I strongly suggest that you do. It's absolutely, well, *Fantasmic*:) It only plays a few nights a week in the off season so it is crowded...but we decided to stick it out and wait this year. Our kids hadn't ever seen it and boy howdy (wow...that Jori-ism just slipped right out...thanks Jor:) if it wasn't totally worth the wait. It was definitely a highlight of the trip for the kids...but the we DID wait THREE hours sitting on the hard cobblestone ground. I believe I still have cobblestone indentations and popcorn up my swutt...but totally worth it.
We went from this...

to this...while waiting endlessly...this girl could sleep standing up. No joke...
Easy drive, a few rides, churros, numb bum, and a great show. Not a bad way to start a trip:)
More later
(lucky you:)





16 comments:
Loved the pics and the rundown. I want more. It sound like a wonderful trip and I want to go!
Tara, you're back! I was missing my Anyhoodle posts!
Looks like an awesome trip. Hey, I think we're going to be crazy and head to Disney this weekend with some friends. Can I ask you a few annoying questions?
1) Where did you stay (that view is amazing & my boys love downtown Dis!!!)
2) Was it busy???
You guys have been gone? J/K
Looked like a lot of fun. Welcome home.
carey...
we've always stayed at the Disneyland hotel. The location just can not be beat. It's so darn convenient. The tower with the view of Downtown is the "dream" tower.
There were actually quite a few people in the parks, but only 5-10 minute wait for most rides. Fastasmic was the only thing we really had to wait a long time for. You guys should go for it...the weather was perfect too...
Did you actually like the Tower of Terror? I'm such a baby that I about wet myself from fright! I couldn't get off that ride fast enough haha. Pictures are very cute!
Man, I LOVE THAT FAMILY!! I miss you guys so much...and seeing my brother just warmed my heart! Hopefully your calendar will be empty soon so we can come down to see you. Loved the pics and glad you had a good time.
How fun!!! Your family is just too cute. My kids fall asleep anywhere too. Glad that you had a good time!
Thanks, Tara! I think we're going to go for it....Oh, I love the Disneyland hotel...it doesn't get any better!
Hey Tara.. I'm Melissas friend. She told me about your blog 2 months ago and i have to admit I have been stalking it ever since. I finally decided to leave a comment..hope you don't mind...It was fun to read about your trip to Happyland...love that place!
ps...your kids are adorable
Hey! You can't tease us with a few pics without posting the whole shebang. Get on it, and post about the rest of the trip!!! (And might I add, I'm so glad it ended with a trip up north!)
Ok, a) you are adorable in your self-portrait :) and b) your kids/husband are adorable as well! I love the picture of Grace asleep--what a dollface. And dude, what a great view!! I can't wait to see your sweet booty in more pictures and hear about the rest. :)
wahoo!!! i can't wait to relive your disney trip with you! looks like an amazing time. i love that place!
I love the legs in the picture of Grace asleep on the cobblestone. Sexy. And I am also looking forward to more pictures. Especially if anymore are as cute as that self-portrait! Between your and Natalie's trips to Disney, I can hardly wait to get my butt there in a month!!!
cute pictures tara! it looks like you guys had buckets o' fun!
Tell the truth did you listen to HSM and sing at the top of your lungs the whole way down? Cute pics! We need to get down there immediately!
Fantasmic trip! I so heart the pics! Your family is well, fantasmic! So glad you're back safe and all had a great time!!
Post a Comment