10.23.2007

Things that make you go hmm...

I interrupt the normally breezy bravado here on Anyhoodle to subject the regular readers to a wee bit of a RANT. I am more than a tinsey bit annoyed at JK Rowling's need to make her big "announcement" . I find it not only completely ridiculous, but absolutely UNNECESSARY to "OUT" a beloved character in the most popular children's novel series EVER, AFTER the last book was completed. Way to to pander to society's need to justify and condone EVERYTHING, in a CHILDREN'S book!! The sexual orientation of a beloved wizard had no relevance what so ever to the overall storyline. Why now? Why EVER?
J.K...come on. If you wanted an invitation the G.L.A.A.D. awards that baldly I could have hooked you up with a few of my ex-boyfriends.
honestly
edited to add this last little anecdote...
Jeff just walked in and I asked him if he had heard the latest. His response was...
"Lame. Who's next...yoda?" Hee.

24 comments:

Sharla said...

For real! I just had this exact conversation with my sister on our daily phone round-up. Except for the part about Yoda-- but see, we're not as funny as Jeff.

Em said...

Absolutley ridiculous...way to ruin a great book and story.

It makes me so mad! WHY do this? What is the point??
Grrrrrrr..

Melissa said...

I just heard the news...that is so unnecessary and makes me mad! You know how Hailey is such a die hard fan of Potter...why does she have to hear this? It has nothing to do with the storyline or character...really ticks me off!

Heather said...

Yeah, that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, who cares is right? What does it have to do with Harry Potter...is what I would like to know. Were book sales a little slow this week?

Holly O. said...

Next thing we know, Hagrid was a child molester. Okay, that is a stretch, but I don't need any more information on the characters. She finished the books, let us enjoy them.

Hayley said...

steers and queers people. haha. yoda's been outed for a long time. and dumbledore isn't gay. she's just trying to cover up the fact that she's lezzy for McGonagall.

All8 said...

Ambrose and I were quite disappointed. Maybe she's trying to appeal to um, ah, um, an audience that she felt was neglected in a friggin' CHILDREN'S BOOK. Maybe libraries will have to shelve it next to 'Suzy and Her Two Mommies'.

What a let down!!!

Jan said...

Amen to all the above. I was really annoyed when I read that -- completely stupid and unnecessary. Loved your comments, Tara!

Jori said...

My take is the books are in print, I am not buying in to any of her crap. It's too late for her to say he's gay. Let's just forget we ever heard it.

Anonymous said...

I just worry that now she will try to squeeze that bit if unnecessary info into the movies and ruin those too. Seriously. So lame.

Anonymous said...

I just worry that now she will try to squeeze that bit if unnecessary info into the movies and ruin those too. Seriously. So lame.

Anonymous said...

Im with ya...it's like when you ruin a great book by making a movie...she just ruined a great book and possible movie by outing a character...what up

carey said...

I totally agree! I just barely read this 5 minutes ago. C'mon, hasn't there been enough revealed? Has she not had enough fame and attention from the books already? Maybe she's missing it... pa-lease!!!

Lupe said...

She can't let it go that HP is done. Sounds like she's having second thoughts about ending the series. I hate to be there when Harry finds out.

Melissa E Photography said...

HAHA! Yoda?

I agree, Tar. Totally unnecessary. If this really is a children's book, why does Dumbledore's sex life need to be mentioned. I think she was just trying to drum up some more buzz.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i haven't read harry potter, but this has me curious about the orientation of binky from the arthur tv show.

Sara said...

I'm glad to see there are so many other people out there who think it is silly. Perhaps it helped her to envision him that way in writing her books, but it is totally unecessary to discuss a fictional character's sexuality when it doesn't add anything to the storyline. It sure is creating some buzz though!

Kristi said...

I agree to all above. What's a 90 year old man going to do about it anyway????? I'm so glad we MUST know the sexual orientation of someone who doesn't even EXIST!!!!
I've just Karate Kid-kicked J.K. off the pedestal I had her on- SO THERE!!

Sharla said...

Here's something that makes me go hmmm... when will I get more Anyhoodle?? :)

Melissa E Photography said...

Come ON Tar! I don't want to read about Harry Potter gay-ness anymore. UPDATE!

Kristi said...

Right on, Tara!! This was so retarded because who freakin cares about which way Dumbledore swings when he is a WIZARD. PS JK: Wizards are faux. False. Fake...anyways, Tara--I miss you. I too want an update because I need a good laugh and the cure is Anyhoodle. :)

Melissa said...

Ok, excuse me...where are you? I need more Tara...no more Dumbledork! Miss your bloggin!

Christina said...

Hello? Tara? Anybody home? Do I need to drive 5 hours toting a caramel apple to get a post from you? Don't leave us hanging any longer.

Sincerely,
Loyal Member of the Tara Fan Club

Hailey said...

Oh yes... she just had to ruin it.....