10.08.2007

He's Baaaaaack

My little Will (well, 9 1/2 is not *little* I suppose...details, details...) has been SUPER sick since last Wednesday night. I took him to the Doctor TWICE on the assumption that this nasty stuff had to be Strep. Wrong-o. He did NOT have strep, but the throat virus he has is supposed to be infinitely WORSE and MORE PAINFUL than Strep. 1o2.7* fever. Ouch. He has been pretty much laying around, not eating, and snuggling up to a spit bowl. That's right. He had me get him a *spittoon* so he didn't have to swallow due to the horrendous pain in his throat. Poor little guy. We've been communicating with hand signals, which, can actually be a nice respit from pesky conversation:)

Anyway...he felt a bit better Saturday (thanks in part to my "magic" hot chocolate...(his words, not mine:)), and yesterday morning I realized he and truly crossed back over into the land of non-spittoon toting people. I made pancakes for breakfast before conference. He asked me for a knife to cut his pancake and I responded with "just use the edge of your fork buddy, like I am doing with Gracie's, see?" His response was this...

"Mom, I am a gentleman...not a caveman."

oh. I see.

16 comments:

Jan said...

Hopefully he's on the way back up now - it's hard when they are so dang sick and really there is nothing you can do but wait it out. I hate that. Gentleman, not a cave man, huh? What a kid!!

Sharla said...

With charm like that, I think he could pull off a spitoon all the time! What a cutie-- glad he's feeling better.

Christina said...

We had the sore throat high fever virus a month ago- so sorry it's plagued your house! I bet you're so proud of your gentleman- I hope Sam can be one of those someday- you must share your secrets to raising one!

Heather said...

Oh the spitoon, he must have been bad off. Hate that! Glad he is getting better. I love the caveman comment too, funny kid!!

Kristi said...

I mean, come on Tara, what do you expect him to eat wiht....his hands? That Will is adorable, I'm telling you! I am sooo sorry he was sick--good thing you had a spitoon for him (that sucks to feel that nasty, though!) Welcome to the land of the living, Will!

Cami Jo said...

Good thing we have kids to teach us manners. The other day my 2 year old told me to stop eating my cereal so loud. (apparently I was slurping my milk!)

Anyway, glad he's feeling better. I hate being sick, and even worse...I hate when kids are sick.

Melissa said...

I love that Will! That is exactly the same thing that Hudsen had 2 weeks ago...she missed three days of school from it and had her own spitoon as well. It was nasty! Keep your fingers crossed for this weekend!

Anonymous said...

wow..how did you raise him? my boys think they are cavemen..I've learned to just roll my eyes and walk away..

Melissa E Photography said...

LOL! Oh, I love that little Wilbur. I can totally picture the face he was making as he said that. What a spaz!

Thanks for the message on Saturday! We were in Moab, and it totally made my day. Oh, and my head is still in tact. PHEW!

Hayley said...

tonight as i was scarfing down my smoking sweet roll (literally) i was not using a fork & i actually smiled & said "i'm a caveman!"

carey said...

What a special little guy to say the gentleman comment, Tara. :)

Oh, this sounds awful (didn't know it could get worse than strep - yuck!). I hope he gets feeling better soon!

Lupe said...

Gentleman indeed. Days of hugging a spitoon are over. Now get him a man size milk with his pancakes. Glad you little man is feeling better. :)

Jori said...

Glad he is feeling better, sore throats are the worst. How funny is he? "I'm a gentleman, not a caveman." that is one clever kid.

All8 said...

Good job, Momma!!!!!

Holly O. said...

I love the spittoon. Such a proper young man. Where did he learn such good manners? Must be Jeff. KIDDING!

100 Percent Cottam said...

so glad he's feeling better! and darned if you're not raising him right. :)