10.09.2007

What Time Is It?

...summer time...SUMMER VACATION!


That's right folks. High School Musical is alive and well in Disneyland. Well, California Adventure, to be exact. I...err...Grace about flipped out when we heard the music in the distance one afternoon. Grace was totally enthralled. Disney does pretty much everything right, and their live shows are certainly no exception. They have a section where they invite some kids to come up and learn a few moves...but Grace was too timid the first day so she just clapped from the sidelines:)As you can see in the pictures below, she threw all caution to the wind the following day and JUMPED up to shake her groove thang. She was so excited she jumped up way too early and ran out there all alone...poor thing. And yes, we watched the show THREE times...do you have a problem with that?
the pic. above is Grace's concentration face...it kills me:)
These kids sang circles around most of the original cast members, but a few were lacking the movie star good looks...unfortunately banning them to a life of amusement park entertaining . (Don't worry Jori, you didn't miss out on our jail bait Zac...bummer:( ) The kid in the green shirt above (the Corban Blu character type) had a KILLER voice, but he was THE most effeminate guy I have ever seen...and believe you me...I've spent some up close and personal time with more than my fair share. (Who do you think taught me how air dry my jeans and and fold them like they do at The Gap?...true story:). Anyhoodle, this kid had a set of lungs, but lets face it...as it is apparent in the picture above, he and my Churro guy are on a first name basis...(sorry, that sounds so "weight-ist"...)
We saw three different casts and all were fantastic (minus the Gabriella girl with a painfully horrendous camel toe...seriously, I couldn't look her in the eye...). Next time you are there CHECK THEM OUT:)

11 comments:

Heather said...

Those Disney live shows are the best. I remember we went this one time (Lion King on broadway had just come out) and they had a Lion King parade, they were singing and doing their thing, and I got all choked up and started crying! Poor ugly Zac wanna be. hehe

Em said...

Sounds like Grace was in High school Musical Heaven. Too cute!

Glad that Will is feeling back to normal...and not having to use his spitoon, gag!!! Jeff does the same thing when he is sick.

Melissa said...

I bet Grace was in heaven...my kids would've loved it! And that Grace is killing me...she is so beautiful. Randy gave me tickets last nite (For our anniversary) to High School Musical (On broadway next summer) tickets to the new Cirque de Solei (SP?) and Annie. I am way excited to take the kids!

Sorry about the camel toe chic...poor thing, doesn't she look in the mirror before she goes on stage?

Countdown is on...I'm heading your way Friday morning. Can't wait my friend!!!

Jori said...

I am seriously SO jealous! Why weren't you up there dancing with Grace? I know you wanted to. Glad I didn't miss Zaccy but SOOO happy I missed the camel toe.

carey said...

Oh my gosh, too funny about the camel toe!

YES! We were at Disney right on Gay Days. (I commented on my post) That was quite the experience! I'll post on it later - - I'd love to hear how it went for you. ;)

All8 said...

I guess that I need to watch that movie. I keep forgetting. Glad that you had a great time!!! Camel toe is never a good thing. Ugh, shudder.

Jan said...

How fun for you guys and especially Grace! Love how Disney just keeps on doing it.

100 Percent Cottam said...

ahhh, disneyland! how i love it. and the show looks fab. we saw the crowds lined up for it when we were there, but we're not to that stage of life yet, so we skipped it...looks like fun, though!

Kristi said...

I heart you very much, Tara, because your posts make me laugh so hard! What with camel toe and Churro man...High school musical and camel toe are just not a good combination, by the way. :)

I think Grace could NOT be cuter--truly!! I love that she jumped up and joined in on the phone...

Thanks for the laugh (as usual)

Kristi said...

That would be "fun" not "phone"...don't ask me where that came from...not a big editor of my comments obvisouly :)

Melissa E Photography said...

I love gracie's focused face. I'm a little disappointed you didn't get up and do the dances! You know you know the moves Tar! Love you sis.