Just a quick note on the Wisteria Lane pictures below. They were obviously taken at Universal Studios where they had been filming just the day before. So close. Anyhoodle, I made a remarkable discovery. These set houses are itty-bitty. I'd say 3/4 scale. No wonder they have to hire midget/dwarf actresses/actors to be in these shows. If they hired NORMAL everyday size folk like you and me we would look like friggin' amazons. See ladies, they HAVE to weigh 95 pounds. They wouldn't fit in their fake little front doors otherwise. It's just safety and good ole common sense.
Okay. These next pictures do not do the next highlight of our trip justice. Ever since I was 12 years old and skipping around Disneyland with my girlies on tour with me, I dreamed about running away with the churro man. His name was Sonny and I loved him. and his spiky bangs. and his churros. We took pictures of him, with him, near him. In retrospect, we were such a bunch of 12 yr. old idiots, and Sonny was a remarkably good sport. I wish I had my pictures to show you all. Me, smiling like a giddy, pre-pubescent loser in turquoise pleated shorts, keds, and a really bad perm. (one of many, unfortunately...), clinging shyly yet desperately to Sonny while someone took our picture. We had JUST gotten off Splash Mountain, so my expertly coiffed bangs were now sperm-permy-tight...maybe hanging down 1/4 inch from my scalp. I was painfully beautiful (dorky...whatever...).
I digress...
Up until this past trip I have never been even TEMPTED to run away with any other member of the Disney *cast* (I love that they call their employees *cast members*...it's so...disney:). Anyway. Quite frankly, most of the churro vendors in recent trips have obviously been double- fisting the churros. Not a looker in the bunch. BUUUTTTT...
this magnificent little gem sauntered RIGHT past me one glorious afternoon...

Now, you can't tell from the picture, but this guy was a DEAD RINGER for Jonny Depp/Jack Sparrow. His little strut was IDENTICAL to Captain Jack's. Jonny is EASILY in my top 5, maybe even 1 or 2 depending on whether or not he is wearing eye-liner. meow. Jeff better consider himself lucky. I'd have ditched the kids, house, cars, toys, husband, security, EVERYTHING for this beautiful minimum wage earner.
If he had only looked my way.

Here he is again in the Pirates ride. I love the clever little places that he now appears in there. The more Jonny the better.





12 comments:
Oh man, what I wouldn't give for a good Johnny right now...he is a looker. And personally, I am glad you didn't run away with the Churro man...I probably wouldn't have met you if you did!
And by the way...when I looked at your post yesterday, nobody had left a comment yet. So I was so excited to be the first winner but by the time I typed in my comment and posted it, Sharla's was there. It's an outrage...that Toilet should be mine!!!
Just read my comment..."what I wouldn't give for a good Johnny" sounds quite nasty...like something sexual...sorry folks didn't mean for it to be Xrated!
Sure Melissa...we believe you ;). Have you ever seen him in that movie Chocolate? Yummy.
Hooray for Johnny!! He is by far one of my favorite actors, even if he is a little feminine...
The Churro man?! Oh man, that rocks. I'd love to see a pic. of you back in the day - - your description sounded too similar to how I looked at a 12 year old (gotta love that age). I heart Johnny too. I get to see him tomorrow so I'll take a snapshot of him in your honor!
oh yeah..I totally just had a flashback of my perm days..man I was so curly and hot...ok maybe not hot but I was definitely curly..thanks for the side pro of hotty boy too..love him
Well, I'm so jazzed about being the winner of the illustrious chair that at first I thought that's what Melissa meant by "good Johnny." And I love you Mel C (That's what I call you in my mind-- it makes you sound like a Spice Girl) but hands off-- it's all mine!
Hmmm, I wonder where churro Sonny is now?
Disney does have some fantastic casting. Did you happen to see Tarzan during the parade? Now, I'm not usually a Tarzan groupie, but even Mike admitted, "Wow, he was pretty impressive." ;)
OOhh -- Johnny. Love him. Not only is he cute as can be, he's got a fun personality as well. Loaded with talent -- what more could there be??
Tara--I love you because you love Sonny the Churro man! he sounds like quite a catch :) Dang!! That freakin cracks me up...and Johnny's twin? Nice!!! Johnny is very attractive, so I don't blame you ;) Tara, why do you have to be so funny? :) I love it!!
Sweet innocent Tara...did you just say poo catcher? You know how I feel about that word...what would your mother say?
HEE HEE ;)
You said"sperm-permy-tight" Oh my you are one funny chic. I always had a back to school perm.niiice. Love Johnny too! I used to be a 21 Jumpstreet freak.
we didn't see the real capt. jack sparrow! what a bummer. johnny is one of my faves, too. i'm glad i wasn't the only tween stalker. i was SUCH a boy crazy girl.
Post a Comment