10.22.2007

Who's There?


I apologize for my lengthy absence last week. I'm just a girl in demand. What can I say? HA! Actually, life is just dern busy these days, and I had company last weekend to boot. This is the time of year that we transform into a luxurious bed and breakfast. That is, if luxury is defined by jamming you and your loved one into a full-size bed bunk-bed, and eggo's for breakfast. We pull out all the stops and spare no expense for our guests:)

How is the above picture pertinent, you might be asking? Well, it's not. When I googled "people helping each other pictures" a few weeks ago (after conference I believe) I was presented with this masterpiece. Now, while kicking someone in the shins and stealing their cash never really seemed all that "helpful" to ME, I suppose this picture was "helpful" in that it reminded me that I need some mace for my key chain. See that? perspective, people. perspective

Have a superb day. Help someone out. Take a sick person dinner, help a geriatric biddy across the street, let someone merge in traffic, take your coolest friend (me) a carmel apple...or whatever you deem most "helpful" this glorious fall day:)

11 comments:

Jan said...

Love the 'helpful' picture - so when I help someone, I'll be sure to wear my ski mask! hee hee!

Jori said...

We turn into the Hotel Jeppson during the fall/winter months too. Everyone wants to get out of the crappy cold, and get a little taste of our warm weather.

Geriatric biddy.....heeheehee:)

Hayley said...

what if running over said geriatric biddy is what is going to put a smile on my beastly face? i am evil, but might just go for my own thrills. sorry tara. but i will bring you a caramel apple this weekend!

tara said...

hayley, you are a wicked, fabulous, wicked girl:)

Christina said...

I must make a request. Will you please stop talking about caramel apples? :) I'm yet to have one this fall, and every time you bring them up, I salivate a little. But yes, maybe I should try to do a good turn today beyond for my own fam. Thanks for the reminder.

Melissa said...

What the h*** does that masked person have to do with helping people? Google is wacky sometimes!! But it did give me a good laugh. Glad you are back to bloggin!

Kristi said...

Nice picture--I wasn't sure if that was a little game you and your husband like to play...that is until I read your post, so WHEW! Glad that is cleared up. :)

I like the way you think, Tara, helping those in need...speaking of, I am in need of a place to stay this weekend while you & all the Jones' girls are hanging out this weekend? :) It sounds like your house is the place to stay (I prefer Eggos to anything else!) :)

Sharla said...

Eggos?! Well, aren't we fancy?

All this talk of "helping" and "caramel apples" makes me think I should help myself to a caramel apple...

Holly O. said...

I was going to offer up the caramel apple, but Hayley says she'll bring you one. I guess you probably wouldn't mind two. Or maybe you need som Jimmy John's. I still owe you a sandwich!

Lupe said...

I can see the lesson here...scary masked person helping him/herself to our valuables. We help him/her getaway by being silenced by fear. Having him/her help the police with their job security..Yes..I see the big picure now :) I'll have to get me a mask now.

100 Percent Cottam said...

that picture is cracking me up. you're such a hoot!