With out these poor saps , the drug companies wouldn't have any need to discover drugs that wipe out things like herpes. Now, herpes, in the form of COLD SORES, comes to reek havoc and tingly sensations on my upper lip a few times a year. I know some of you really feel my pain. Thank goodness for VALTREX. (Thank goodness for friends who happen to be dentists, who happen to be nice enough to call you in prescriptions:). If you pound 4 of these 2 times a day that cold sore will soon be nothing but a tingly memory. The only bad part is having to actually pick up a prescription for an STD medication. You'll get a few second glances. Trust me. Wear sunglasses and beenie.
So...a big hearty THANK YOU to all you VD stricken people. Because you can't keep it in your pants I no longer loathe the cold sore.
2. Also thankful today for the chance to do better.
I've really been swearing up a storm lately. Now, I always justify with the reasoning that I never swear out of anger, and I never say any bad bad words. Not even the "S" word. Here's the thing. I did swear last night in anger and I felt ugly. Really ugly. Ewwww. No thanks. I'll be cleaning up my act over here.


I'll be pumping out my two tags and the last part of my Q & A later (hopefully). Being more productive was apparently NOT on my "need to do better" list.





13 comments:
aside from what holly might imply, i definitely don't have a STD! i don't get cold sores, but i do get lovely cysts on my face that may or may not be as bad as the cold sore. but that would not be fun. i'm sorry - hope your beanie was a good disguise!
Did the disguise work for you? Bummer about the cold sore, hope it goes away quick. I hear you about swearing in anger, it does make ya feel kind of ugly. We can do better, right???
i'm going to wash your mouth out with soap, sailor! :)
I have to say that I"m with you on the swearing, Tara -- although the older I get, the better I am at biting my tongue. But it still pops out in my head, I'm afraid.
I know Tara, I have been trying to curb my truck driver vocab since Kaitlin started using a few of my favorites.
oh yeah. about the swear all the time in anger. not in front of my students, don't you worry. (keep those in my head) but outside of school, truck driver = hayley!
Excuse my french, but ding blast it, this post made me giggle a lot.
And between you and Kristi, the cold sore club is starting to sound pretty awesome. Where are the sign ups?
Holy Crap!! I was just about to write a post about people with VD!! What a coincidence!! :) Just Kidding. But I will say this post is why I love you. You are too freakin funny, Tara :) And I am more than a little jealous that you get to take VD drugs (whoever thought I would say that?), for real. I had NO idea that was even an option. Next time. Thanks for the laugh!! :) I heart you, VD drugs and all.
Sh*t yo. Swearing is fine.
classic blog... I too am a huge fan of that venereal disease pill, gotta love it. Just make sure you don't get those puppies wet, you'll get blue all over ya.. man, I need a dentist friend too:)
I'm a closet swearer. Always under my breath and only when I'm alone. At least I'm not spreading my habit yet.. I'm sure if I don't get a handle on it someday one will slip out at a very inappropriate time. Until then... *^&*(
Ahhh, VD. Someone needs to teach these kids that "girls have a button and boys have a pole and wicked touching takes its toll"!
Let's try and tone down the language a notch, whall we? :)
Like mocha, chocha coffees and fruity cocktails, I'm afraid if I start swearing...I might like it.
Post a Comment