libby looks less than thrilled in this pic...and believe you me, she wasI know, I know, 2 posts in 24 hrs. is some sort of record for me. Enjoy it while it lasts. Jeff is out of town and Grace is not feeling well so no spiritual upliftment for us today.
I just wanted to type up these two quick funny things before I forgot them. Please humor me while I proceed to document the cutest kids on the planet. (okay, in this HOUSE anyway...)
Yesterday Grace came into the kitchen while I was feeding Libby breakfast and asked me to come open the blinds in her room. I said "gracie babe, you are just like your mom. I have to have the blinds open very first thing every morning and let the sun in. I guess we think the same!". Grace's reply was "Oh, so you are scared of E.T. too mom?"
um, no. silly girl. she'd had a horrible fear of ET for years now. It's a bit better after forcing her to watch the movie last week, but now she is equal parts scared of AND SAD for the poor little extra terrestrial creature. She bawled at the end. She's so sensitive it's FUNNY.
So later in the day Grace is sitting with me as I feel Libby dinner. Will comes prancing into the kitchen (and I do mean prancing) wearing nothing but Grace's bathing suit. Bright red/pink/orange stripy number. Oh my word if he is not his daddy's kid. It immediately made me think of a time early in our marriage when Jeff came out of the bathroom wearing nothing but MY bathing suit. Bright yellow onepiece with fluorescent pink, purple and green tiny flowers all over. Now, in all fairness to Jeff, he was trying to one up me. I had come out of our bedroom several days earlier to go to school/work in nothing but a belt and shoes. I had my purse over my shoulder and my keys in my hand and while walking to door casually said..."see later babe...". Jeff and I both thought we were regular laugh riots back then, just as Will did last night, and well, it was pretty darn funny. I took a picture on my phone (that, by the way, he gladly posed for...he is such a clown...) and sent it to jeff but thought twice about posting pics of my 9 yr. old boy in a bathing suit on the Internet :)
Today, just an hour or so ago, Will also announced the following, (while trying to "fly" onto the couch in his skivvies..."I enjoy running around in just my underwear mom...it makes me feel so...free."
oh my...






11 comments:
tara,tara! you kill me! I love the wearing only a belt and heading off to work. yowzer that's funny. ryan said his roomates would walk out naked, sit on his desk and say "how ya doing buddy?" stuff like that cracks me up. love will "I feel so free." too funny!
HAHAHAHA!! I'm laughing so hard right now. And I COMPLETELY agree with your description of high school musical. I watched last night while clutching a barf bucket and the blasted thing made me even more nauseous. And the manpris? EWWW! It sounds like I would have been more entertained hanging out with your funny kids!
How funny! You still model just your shoes, belt and handbag when the kids are asleep, I am sure. Good fun for everyone. And probably a smart choice not giving the perverts out there something to enjoy -- cute Will in a swimsuit! haha
That totally reminds me on my family! Wierd but funny. Once my older brother tried on MY swimming suit, and...this is even worse....when James and I were first married, he actually thought he was pretty funny dressing up in my lingerie! The belt thing really made me laugh. Maybe I'll have to try that sometime! (Um..then again...i'm not sure I'm quite that comfortable without clothes on!)
oooh, the mental pic of you strolling out the door in your belt and shoes. freakin' hilarious.
your kids sound adorable. and i'm just not even going to comment on the nakey nakey stuff. cause i'll get in trouble, some how i'm sure.
Beautiful kids! Your family is such a RIOT!! Will is so funny, like his crazy mom!!
Yeah, my kids love big mean dinosaurs--so naturally, I thought they'd have no problem with a little kindly alien. Thought wrong. ET has come to symbolize all of my Sydney's fears.
My only question-- did the belt/purse/shoes match? Or did you pop different colors off of each other?
Ahh, Will-- so young, yet so wise-- it takes many of us years to learn these simple truths.
LOL! I have to admitt...ET kind of scares me too!!
What is it about boys and being naked?? Will is hilarious!
You got a great fam! :)
Funny about Will in his sister's swim suit, those brothers! You did make me smile with your little "fashion show" going to work. Nice!
OK, a) when are you moving to Texas so we can be BFF's? and b) you & your whole family are hilarious--I love that you & your husband are not afraid to work what yo momma gave you, and your kids are ADORABLE! How funny! I love when kid's say & do things like this. Seriously, though Tara, there's like a million houses for sale in my neighborhood. Think about it :)
Post a Comment